Kathyinmo pink instead of blue on monitor

I've been brainstorming on this.........

This may seem like a strange question, but what sort of light bulbs do you have in the room with your computer? Different kinds of light bulbs have different "Hues" that are not normally seen by the human eye but at times these hues can been see if reflected just right. A tungsten bulb will reflect a bluish tint, some florescent bulbs can reflect pink.

I also moved my computer to different rooms in my house, and found that the wall color plays a large role in the color I see on the monitor.

It's bad for your eyes to do this for long, so just use a couple minutes to check. Turn off the lights and view the site in the dark. Do you see any change in the color?

I've been brainstorming on this.........

This may seem like a strange question, but what sort of light bulbs do you have in the room with your computer? Different kinds of light bulbs have different "Hues" that are not normally seen by the human eye but at times these hues can been see if reflected just right. A tungsten bulb will reflect a bluish tint, some florescent bulbs can reflect pink.

I also moved my computer to different rooms in my house, and found that the wall color plays a large role in the color I see on the monitor.

It's bad for your eyes to do this for long, so just use a couple minutes to check. Turn off the lights and view the site in the dark. Do you see any change in the color?

I have florescent lights. My computer is in the basement. A walk out basement, that is fairly well lighted. I have a window behind the computer. The walls are like in this picture....

are you using the windows drivers for the monitor or the ones that came with the monitor?

is your graphics card drivers up to date?

Integrated Intel HD graphics with dual-monitor capability

Since it is brand new, I assumed it was all up to date. How do I find out if it is?

You can check your drivers by going to:

control panel --> system and security --> Device manager
Once your device manager is up, you will see a list of your computers "equipment". Do you see an "!" by any of it? Check your drivers by expanding "display adapters". This should give you one or more items under display adapters. Right click on each one and select properties, choose the driver tab and click "update drivers". When finished click OK or apply.

Now find "monitors" back on the main list in the Device manager, and do the same as you did for "Display adapters".

I dont think you will be able to update your drivers, but sometimes, I am wrong. (shh, dont tell) Hopefully, I am wrong this time and it will fix your problem.

I cant see your lighting or walls in the basement causing the color problems.

BTW, are those chicken eggs in that picture? Are they black? if so, KEWL! What kind of chicken did that?

I'll keep thinking on this one. If you contact the tech support team for your monitor and get an answer, please let me know what it was.

OK, I did that. I was able to update the drivers on both the graphics card and the monitor. I rebooted, but I still don't see a difference.

Those are emu eggs. They are dark green.

Carved-emu-eggs.jpg

There are three primary layers in the shell of an emu egg. The outside is dark green. The middle layer is teal, and the inside layer is nearly white. Occasionally there is a fourth layer, which is thin and rather gray, between the outside layer and the teal layer. Carving the eggshells is quite popular

Hook this monitor (reset monitor defaults if you've been adjusting it) up to another machine (older laptop with VGA out, any box with either vga/dvi out). If you have an old monitor hook it up to the new box (make sure it isn't the graphics processor in new box - unlikely but you never know). If the old monitor displays fine on new machine and the new monitor still looks nasty with another computer, ship it back asap.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom