Katie at 17 weeks

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    *sigh* I just love looking at her. A quality Rottie is a beautiful thing!

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

What are your requirements for puppy adoption?

4. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Hi. [​IMG]

First, I have to like you, and spend a little time getting to know you, since we will be having a relationship for quite some time.

Next, you must be a responsible dog owner. Fencing is a plus, and so is having trained a dog before. I am fortunate to have a pretty good demand for my puppies, so I am able to be selective in where I place them.

My main requirement is a safe loving responsible lifetime home. [​IMG]

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    She is just beautiful! Such a stunning girl. [​IMG]

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Ok, I have been a puppy raiser for southeastern guide dog.

We got him at 8 weeks and he went for training at 2.5 years.

I have a fenced yard a 100 X 40 foot area but there's a chicken coop on the inside. It is only 4 feet high so I would need to do a lot of training.

I have a very young child (one-year-old) and cats and rabbits and rats and chickens and doves... the cats are indoors only (supposedly) and all of the others are caged/ in a run.

I also live in FL, and he would be neutered (at whatever age you feel best for this breed, the Lab Jack was not altered and in fact is a breeder for southeatern).

He would live inside, and would be kennel trained.

I am home roughly 24/7 or in my home office (separate building) he would be close kennel when I am away from home, but after training would be in open kennel at night.

There would be two kennels one in my room (for night) cats are excluded from the bedroom- one near the front door- when I'm out.

He would be an only dog.

He would be trained based on what I learned from southeastern, no food rewards, food refusal, sit/stay to be petted, no noise - ect.

--------

I am curious about what requirements breeders have because in rescue requirements I 'fail' fence height and other animals and children.

It really bothers me that I don't qualify to be a forever home to a puppy that has been thrown away-

I do not need a puppy for another 2-4 years depending on my cat that hates dogs is now 16 with renal failure.

7. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Red, I cannot believe how this puppy is not just holding her quality but to me seems to be getting better and better. Her expression just makes me melt!

She sure is a good-un!

Rusty

8. MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Colorado Plains
    Just beautiful. I had a rotti ages ago and would love to get another one. How does this breed do with chickens and goats?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by