cfonts

Crowing
Mar 15, 2021
Kauai, Hawaii
My Coop
My Coop
One thing that got me through the pandemic last year was visiting the park near my home and hanging out with the chickens. I'm from Kauai, which is home to countless wild roosters and hens. One thing that I really enjoyed doing during my visits to the park was taking photos of the chickens. I thought I'd start a thread and share some photos here of the beautiful chickens of Kauai! I hope you all will enjoy the photos! 💕

tempImageDCRE2R.png
tempImageU9EtoF.png
tempImageG2r9ts.png
tempImageGSZtiM.png
tempImageHvnPy5.png
tempImageTjr4z6.png
tempImageeU52GT.png

If any of you have ever been to Kauai, I'd love to hear about your experience with the Kauai chickens! If you have photos, feel free to share them here! I'll be sure to share more photos soon!

One thing that got me through the pandemic last year was visiting the park near my home and hanging out with the chickens. I'm from Kauai, which is home to countless wild roosters and hens. One thing that I really enjoyed doing during my visits to the park was taking photos of the chickens. I thought I'd start a thread and share some photos here of the beautiful chickens of Kauai! I hope you all will enjoy the photos! 💕

View attachment 2724711
View attachment 2724293
View attachment 2724294
View attachment 2724314
View attachment 2724717
View attachment 2724679
View attachment 2724726

If any of you have ever been to Kauai, I'd love to hear about your experience with the Kauai chickens! If you have photos, feel free to share them here! I'll be sure to share more photos soon!

I love them! Especially the Bielefelder roosters!

Was in Kauai in 1994 had Peacocks at the resort but not a lot of chickens.
Since then we have been to Oahu many times and they have lots of chickens too. The last time we were there, 2018, we short term adopted a hen to be our pet during our vacation. She would visit us several times a day, I would feed her treats and I even let her in our house, shhhhh, it was a rental. She was the only friendly one of all the ones on the property. We named her Isabel after the dog we had to leave with family while we vacationed.
This hen, Isabel, is the reason I bought a couple chickens for pets.
I don't have a pic of her handy but I believe she was a barred rock.
Two years before then, we were again on Oahu. My son was with us. He hated the roosters. There was one that every morning, outside his bedroom, would crow at around 4-4:30.
He was very happy when I said I was only having hens. Lol
Beautiful birds you get to hang with.

Back
Top Bottom