Kaz gets to be a muma!

YEY! Thankyou everyone!! This morning I went in to check on Muma and her babies, and ALL the eggs hatched! 7/7!

There is 4 dark grey/black and 3 yellow/white! <3 Kaz didn't even care about me patting them and taking photos at all! I put out some chick feed and Kaz instantly 'dooked' for the food and the little ones joined in! =)

I took a few pictures, but they mostly turned out blurry...so here's the 2 best shots I got!

I LOVE THEIR LITTLE FEATHERY SLIPPERS ON THEIR FEET! <3 <3 So adorable!!

----------------------
On a side note, last night after work (midnight) I went to check in and there was cockroaches EVERYWHERE.... are they bad for the chicks?? will they hurt them? The chicks seem fine today, but I was shocked at how many there was at night! I shooed/squished them away..but some hid in the nest. >.< How can I stop them getting in??
----------------------

How adorable! Kaz sure looks proud. Looks like you got a nice range of colors in the chicks.
With the roaches, I am not sure what kinds you have over there, usually they aren't a danger as such. Do you know where they are hiding during the day? I'd check under the nest box etc and try to eliminate hiding places. Put the food and water up at night, they like to eat that. You might want to put poultry dust like Sevin (or whatever type you can get over there) around the perimeter of the place you have the chicks. Some people swear by borid acid also. Catch/trap them and feed them to the other chickens during the day, they will thank you.

Alright Kaz good job you did excellent
jumpy.gif

How adorable! Kaz sure looks proud. Looks like you got a nice range of colors in the chicks.
With the roaches, I am not sure what kinds you have over there, usually they aren't a danger as such. Do you know where they are hiding during the day? I'd check under the nest box etc and try to eliminate hiding places. Put the food and water up at night, they like to eat that. You might want to put poultry dust like Sevin (or whatever type you can get over there) around the perimeter of the place you have the chicks. Some people swear by borid acid also. Catch/trap them and feed them to the other chickens during the day, they will thank you.
Big ugly roaches! haha...I'll have to hunt them down, they seem to completely disappear during the day...no where to be found... I'll be sure to hide food from them tonight to hopefully deter them a bit.. I think it's too dark at night for muma chicken to eat them/peck them either..I did spray surface spray around the outside of the pen... but has no effect.

Maybe I'll put the powder out as see how that goes instead?

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom