Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

Ok Folks...here is where I'm at...
Confirmed vendors/crafters
Melissa Morgan Oakes author of 2 knitting books (she just finished writing her second book) and the knitter who some of you bought her book at the last swaps...she's another crazy chicken farmer. I just saw her book in Michael's!!
VNSSEED's Heirloom Starts!!!!
hugs.gif

Good Forest Soaps
My Mom's Fudge

Outstanding invites...
I invited Terry Golson author of the Farmstead Cookbook and Tillie Lays An Egg!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

I invited NH Honey Bee and Apiary Supply Co (Agway carries his hives already) for a demonstration and honey products.

AND CHICKENS CHICKENS CHICKENS

thumbsup.gif

Just post if you plan to come with other crafts and I'll add you to the flyer and newspaper articles.

Quote:
Cool!
I want to get that book for Sarah and maybe one for her class. Although I am probably going to have to get a copy before May, since I promised her teacher I would bring a chick inn when we get them to show the kids. I thought maybe bring an egg and Audrey and read the book as well. Who knows. I have the free time now though, well for now.. until I get another regularly paying gig

thumbsup.gif
The bee hives are IN and will set up a demo and have honey and beeswax candles to sell!!
thumbsup.gif

The New Hampshire Honey Bee Apiary and Beekeeping Supply Co., LLC

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Thanks NoelTate! If you are ever in this neck of the woods....come to Swanzey to see our covered bridges! Swanzey is just south of Keene!

Wow, all those times I went to Keene and stopped at the Harley dealership in Swanzey and I didn't even know there were covered bridges in the area that I was missing. Are they easy to find or really "off the beaten path"?

So much for making the swap in June ... my co-worker requested that day off so I have to work 10-3. I was SO excited about going to it too.
hit.gif

Can't get March 21st off for the Milford swap either. And just found out that I probably can't get this saturday off to go to a Lambing Clinic that I'm dying to go to (and really need to go to!)
he.gif

can i ask how many of us test our birds? i know i do yearly, i wondered about everyone else.

oh shoot, i thought this was the much ado new england thread, sorry, but if you want to reply you can here too i guess

Last edited:
I test mine annually....last two years was FREE because of a state grant. I'm DUE now...but I think the grant $$ has run out so I'll have to pay for it this time around. I'll post any info on it after I get it done.

(-;

Back
Top Bottom