Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

Quote:
I grew up in Springfield and had chickens when I lived there, too. When I was 12 my grandfather bought me 6 black star chicks & 2 pekin ducklings. The little playhouse he had made us when we were little became the chicken coop. A couple years later I added a HORSE to my little farm! It was a hoot watching the look on peoples' faces as they drove down the road then suddenly saw me trotting around the front yard with a horse! LOL It did help that we lived on 2 acres (my parents are still living there, so I visit a lot... now there's just 2 cats and my brothers' 2 dogs... and the occasional deer that wanders through to raid the apple tree).

Quote:
I should have plenty...the sweet grass is very nice...great slip in the lather! That one is made with liquid chlorophyll.

I'm switching BACK to the muslin bags...GREENER and folks bought MORE of the muslin wrapped soaps than the shrink wrapped ones. I'm very happy about that...folks are trying to be more conscious of plastic now a days!! Plus you can wash thru the muslin...the bags are food grade muslin bags MADE IN THE USA!!

I'm glad you liked the soap...I'll definitely have more in March! I poured Clean Cotton and Lavendar last night...slicing tomorrow!!
frow.gif

Quote:
Wow! I can't imagine a horse here! that must have been great!
Did you ever check specifically on having chickens in Springfield? I know others who have chickens here (and goats too), but haven't said anything to the city about it.

Our backyard goes down into a dingle, that connects to Forest Park, we get tons of deer (my poor garden), turkeys, raccoon, possums, and lots of hawks! People are always amazed at the amount of wildlife right here in Springfield.

Quote:
I grew up in Springfield and had chickens when I lived there, too. When I was 12 my grandfather bought me 6 black star chicks & 2 pekin ducklings. The little playhouse he had made us when we were little became the chicken coop. A couple years later I added a HORSE to my little farm! It was a hoot watching the look on peoples' faces as they drove down the road then suddenly saw me trotting around the front yard with a horse! LOL It did help that we lived on 2 acres (my parents are still living there, so I visit a lot... now there's just 2 cats and my brothers' 2 dogs... and the occasional deer that wanders through to raid the apple tree).

I grew up in Holbrook and had my horses in my back yard for years. I remember the people stopping and being surprised to see us riding around the yard. The llamas made an even bigger splash though.
My mom still lives there, barn is now a garage. Even in this market the property would sell for good money. It's funny. I would move back there in a heart beat. Turn the barn back into a barn. Fence it in and be set.

Quote:

I totally agree with you Gypsie.

I agree too...this event will mirror Milford. BUY and SELL at your own risk. I am setting up a Biosecurity and information on testing booth with the information for folks to take if they so choose. IT is our responsibility to promote an event that has healthy birds~ I will also be providing flock management and back yard flock information.
Thanks to everyone for their opinions.

That is the best Idea.
the Bio Security booth is a great idea, that way noobies can get all the information they are seeking first hand. and not getting 500 different opinions on how it should be.

i believe somewhere on here and i have here at home is the flyers about how to take care of chicks. i try to remember to bring them and the bio stuff to milford, someone check my brain. i do have them printed

Back
Top Bottom