Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

Quote:
we didn't check with anyone when we got the chickens & ducks, since all the neighbors thought they were great (no rooster either). we asked about the horse, and they said since we have 2 acres, we can just say we always had horses here and we'd be grandfathered in (even though we didn't have horses here before that... unless you count 100 years earlier when there was a morgan horse farm there) When we were clearing out the back for a paddock for her, all the neighbors started getting nervous and asking questions. When they found out we weren't leveling the land to build a house on it but were actually making room for a horse, they were thrilled.
smile.png

Quote:
we didn't check with anyone when we got the chickens & ducks, since all the neighbors thought they were great (no rooster either). we asked about the horse, and they said since we have 2 acres, we can just say we always had horses here and we'd be grandfathered in (even though we didn't have horses here before that... unless you count 100 years earlier when there was a morgan horse farm there) When we were clearing out the back for a paddock for her, all the neighbors started getting nervous and asking questions. When they found out we weren't leveling the land to build a house on it but were actually making room for a horse, they were thrilled.
smile.png

That's cool.

My neighbors dont mind having the chickens here. Heck the neighbors to my right enjoyed having the rooster here. I guess when the husband was growing up in Wellesly, of all places nearly everyone had chickens and roosters. So it reminded him of when he was a kid.
My moms neighbors knew that she wanted horses at home when her and my dad bought the property in the late 60s. And there had been horses kept on the property before. (had been a 1/4 track there as well, since at one time there were tracks all over the place) But we were definitely the "odd neighbors" No manicured lawns for us:lol:
And now my moms dh wants chickens. And she is slowly falling in love with the idea as well. All I know is that i want things to swing back so I can get out of the city and move someplace where I can have more chickens and my horse(horses) I also want some ducks and Sevastopol(sp) geese. And a larger veg garden. My porch is going to be filled with planters full of veggies this summer
big_smile.png

Rhett&SarahsMom :

Quote:

The great ole city of Fitchburg. If I were "outside of city limits" I would be ok. But I am less than 2 minutes from downtown. I have mentioned how much I hate this place
I was planning on putting up privacy fence on the "open" side of my yard and across the end of my driveway. And using the reed fencing I had last year along the back fence that abutts my coop/run and the neighbors back yard/garage. (he is a truck driver and is never home, so he doesnt care) But then I got laid off Monday. So I dont know what I am going to do now. Well besides look for another job and pray the economy turns around soon. I am really hoping that the lay off is temporary I love that job

Hey. Would anyone be interested in homemade breads or spaghetti sauce? I am planning a trip to the kitchens over the next few weeks. One plus of not haivng to go to work I guess is having time to do other thigns.​

I'm in Fitch too
smile.png
I read everything online I could and the only thing I saw was that the board recently said some people on Haskell street could keep a PONY because it was a 'pet' due to the fact that it wasn't being bred. There's no law online about chickens, so I don't know. I'm not downtown or anything, but I am on a fairly busy road close to Rt. 2, so we'll see if they find me. Good luck!

Quote:
The great ole city of Fitchburg. If I were "outside of city limits" I would be ok. But I am less than 2 minutes from downtown. I have mentioned how much I hate this place
I was planning on putting up privacy fence on the "open" side of my yard and across the end of my driveway. And using the reed fencing I had last year along the back fence that abutts my coop/run and the neighbors back yard/garage. (he is a truck driver and is never home, so he doesnt care) But then I got laid off Monday. So I dont know what I am going to do now. Well besides look for another job and pray the economy turns around soon. I am really hoping that the lay off is temporary I love that job

Hey. Would anyone be interested in homemade breads or spaghetti sauce? I am planning a trip to the kitchens over the next few weeks. One plus of not haivng to go to work I guess is having time to do other thigns.

I'm in Fitch too
smile.png
I read everything online I could and the only thing I saw was that the board recently said some people on Haskell street could keep a PONY because it was a 'pet' due to the fact that it wasn't being bred. There's no law online about chickens, so I don't know. I'm not downtown or anything, but I am on a fairly busy road close to Rt. 2, so we'll see if they find me. Good luck!

Hey Neighbor!!!!!
Yeah I mentioned the pony on Haskel to the ACO and she knew nothing about it and didnt understand why a pony would be allowed to stay within city limits. She hasnt been back to bother me though. And my neighbors are really supportive of the girls.

The only thing online is about "livestock" not being allowed. Doesnt spell out poultry or such. Just "livestock"
I am over by the college.. Park side. Only the neighbors(and the dog officer) know I have the girls here. They are quieter than the neighbors dogs

I am thinking of bringing showgirls as I mentioned previously but how much should I sell them for? 2 are regular silies no naked neck heres pics of some they are about 3 weeks old now so they will be a few months old at the swap

misc097.jpg

misc106.jpg

misc099.jpg

Back
Top Bottom