Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

Poyo'sMama :

Quote:
Oh, I don't have the Hubbards - I think the other Brandy does?

Sorry...anyway, if you want him/her, I'll save the little wild-thing for you....$5
If it is a roo you'll have some really cool looking Orps...maybe a new breed~LOL​

I'm confused:rolleyes:

I just had to get all that stupid stuff out!!

Last edited:
Poyo'sMama :

Quote:
Oh, I don't have the Hubbards - I think the other Brandy does?

OOps..I didn't know there were 2 Brandys! Sorry...anyway, if you want him/her, I'll save the little wild-thing for you....$5
If it is a roo you'll have some really cool looking Orps...maybe a new breed~LOL​

Yes! Save the little bugger for me. I'll take he/she home for sure!

Quote:
Right, right...duh...more COFFEE!! Ya know I did address it to Cheeptrick...brain fart.

The chicks is yours...I'm Barbara and Gypsy, Firedove & Chickn know who I am...so we'll find each other.

Are the Polish all taken?

Quote:
i don't know about the raflles, but there's been food at all the "swaps" i've been too, so i guess the swaps really are stocks??
Not that it matters, of course.

I love it that there is always more than just birds. In Milford, I found the most gorgeous painting of a lighthouse (from Purr), and convinced my hubby to get it for me for my birthday!

Quote:
i don't know about the raflles, but there's been food at all the "swaps" i've been too, so i guess the swaps really are stocks??
Not that it matters, of course.

I love it that there is always more than just birds. In Milford, I found the most gorgeous painting of a lighthouse (from Purr), and convinced my hubby to get it for me for my birthday!

Hi Abby!!
It's Barb~do you still have the 'creeping' myrtle? Are you bringing any more plants to this Swap?
The violas and BB I bought from you are in one of my half whiskey barrels in the front and are just lovely:)
smile.png

If any one whants any chicks that i have for this swap, I can chickn if she will bring them if she goes to this one, i will be going to the one in hampton.

I have
Maran chicks- pullets 3 they are the barred looking type balck & white

RIR chick -Pullet 1 is 5 day old,

A pair of RIR - pullet & cockerel together 1 month old

Ameraucana chicks - 2 hatchery puulets 5 days & 2 straight run, I hatched from my own birds.

13887_girls_003.jpg

13887_all_pics_707.jpg

Barred plymouth rock chick- 4 days old straight run from my own birds.

13887_girls_008.jpg

D'uccle dark feathering with brown and black chicks - about 3 weeks old
They look like this but a tad darker

13887_pics_of_babys_008.jpg

Mottled Cochin chick - about 2 weeks old straight run

Thanks for the welcome!

Okay, so I've never been to a Chickenstock, or swap for that matter... So just how many little chickies will be there???? lol! From reading through the posts, it sounds like this should a fun day!

Do people usually come with hatching eggs, or do most people bring chicks or older birds? I would prefer to get eggs and hatch them myself with some other eggs I am getting locally, although it may be hard to resist grabbing a few chickies too. I can't seem to find anyone local to me with RIR or Australorp flocks.

I am looking for up to three dozen eggs from good hardy layers, and was posting orginally because I would like to know before I drive up to Keene that I had a good shot at getting this many eggs there... Would prefer Australorps or RIR and wouldn't mind some dark eggs layers like the Marans or other really good layers people might have.

Oh and yes I know this chicken thing is addicting... Why is that?! I have my first seven chicks (almost a week old) now after not having chickens since I was in high school over ten years ago. I finally have the property to have them again and I am so happy to have chicks again! I was supposed to get the chicks from a class room hatching project (they set 48 eggs!) but they had incubator problems and none developed, so that is why I am looking for more now.

Fortunately for those kids, the person I got some of those eggs for the class from locally gave me some extra eggs, so I kept them at home and they hatched out fine, so at least I was able to bring my seven chicks into 5th grade for the kids to see what they should have gotten. That was neat because these were city kids who have never seen or held a live chick before, and they were thrilled to see them.

I wasn't going to have a raffle...but if someone wants one and would take charge...I'd donate some soap to it....and ask Dana at the store to donate a bag of feed.

(-:

Back
Top Bottom