Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

Any one interested in a year old Buff Orpington rooster? He's free but not for the "Roo-Be-Gone Fairy", if you know what I mean:D
big_smile.png

Poyo'sMama :

Any one interested in a year old Buff Orpington rooster? He's free but not for the "Roo-Be-Gone Fairy", if you know what I mean:D
big_smile.png

I know whatchya mean!!!!!!!!
ep.gif

good morning everyone
smile.png
Another day dawns with the chorus of roos, lol. Actually my new Frizzle roo is pretty quiet, I've only heard him crow 3 times this morning as opposed to my Wyandotte who crows at least every 10 minutes from before first light until about 8am
lol.png

I need a chocolate mint, too.
smile.png
smile.png

OK, so I'm only reserving a chicken, 18 hatching eggs and chocolate mint so far. This could be problematic as I'm already pre-buying at a good clip.
lol.png

Good Morning all!

We are going to have some new items for this swap.. the 1st of which is a complete veggie container garden. We have been testing these out and they are doing quite well. They will come standard with tomatoes, cukes, lettuce and chives. You can pre order them with whatever varieties we have in stock for this year or pre order with whatever you want for next year. The standard garden will be $20.00, with instructions on how to care for it. This is a great garden for those of you who don't wish to maintain a garden or want a little garden on your deck.

Quote:
Oh that is way cool !
are you going to make them hydroponic also?
might cost a bit more for set up and purchas but it is such a cool thing for the kids, especially if you use clear plastic totes or pet carriers ( for the kids to enjoy) add a small gold fish or beta and free fertilizer.

Quote:
Oh that is way cool !
are you going to make them hydroponic also?
might cost a bit more for set up and purchas but it is such a cool thing for the kids, especially if you use clear plastic totes or pet carriers ( for the kids to enjoy) add a small gold fish or beta and free fertilizer.

I have been looking at Hydroponics, Jen's concern is that it is cost prohibitive.. I am working on her
wink.png

That's a great idea with the fish.

Quote:
Can you tell me more about this? While we have a garden already going, this might be great for the kids!

It's a basic container garden with the different types of soil layered for the best grow rate. These are great for apartment dwellers or those who want something low maintenance. We will be expanding the line next year depending on feedback this year.

Back
Top Bottom