Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

I'm sorry - I should have been more specific! Is it a plastic container - round/square?

You know, it would even be great for someone like my grandmother who just loves fresh produce but can't get around enough to garden.

Quote:
It's a round plastic container, I think its about 18" in Dia by 14" high.... don't quote me on that, I'm at work. It's at least that size. HTH's.

Poyo'sMama :

Quote:
Hi, Barb,
Yes, i still have creeping myrtle. And yes, i was going to bring whatever plants i still have from last time. Some of everything, except the strawberries and veggies which we sold out of in Milford.
Oh, yeah, i need to dig up more chocolate mint----we sold all we took with us last time, but i have tons more in my mint patch.

Abby~
Cool!! I'll take 4 of those chocolate mint, some of the Myrtle (!remind me!)...this one's going to be fun!​

OK, Barb, i started a list!
smile.png

I'm getting excited as i pull things together to be ready for this swap in Keene! I think by the end of the week, i post a list of what all kinds of plants and chickens i plan to bring. I may even bring some free kids toys i am trying to give away just so they leave my house (nothing like being overrun by toys, it's much worse than being overrun with chickens)
gig.gif

Quote:
Got you on my list, so i will hold the mint for you. So you can find us---maroon Pontiac minivan, hubby is tall and dark-haired, i'm short brunette, we'll also have our 4 kids and our beagle dog with us. Oh, and i have a sign that says "Howardacres"---i stick it on the van.
smile.png

Quote:
Put us down for 2. I'm not sure what kind of tomatoes we would want. Something with a lot of flavor but not too acidic. One good for eating and the other good for making salsa. We'll let you pick varieties based on that. Thanks!

Quote:
Put us down for 2. I'm not sure what kind of tomatoes we would want. Something with a lot of flavor but not too acidic. One good for eating and the other good for making salsa. We'll let you pick varieties based on that. Thanks!

Hey Val,
You got it. Let me know if you want to substitute any of the other items in the container for a different herb or lettuce or whatever you want.

Quote:

Hey Val,
You got it. Let me know if you want to substitute any of the other items in the container for a different herb or lettuce or whatever you want.

Actually instead of chives, cilantro for one and parsley (not sure which variety would be better?) for the other would be great since we need both for the salsa we like to make. My mom has about a million chives so we can always get a chive plant from her.

The lettuce, cukes, and eating tomatoes will be for yummy fresh salads, but if you wanted to sub in a bell pepper instead of the second cuke, Dan would probably be very happy for it.

BTW, he managed to kill off a few hot peppers again, lol. This time it's all him. He forgot to water since Saturday and since then they have been out on the deck in the sun most of the day and a couple wilted. Most look good though, not sure what variety was hardest hit. He isn't going to have me buy more this time, lol. I was starting to think you guys would get rich selling us 6 packs of peppers
lol.png

further edited: We have plenty of space for a real garden but these container gardens will feed my lazy really well
gig.gif

Last edited:
hi all. here is the start of my list
I will have hatching eggs. dad is a splash silkie, moms are ee,nh red,buff orpington,black sex link,or silver laced wyandotte.
white showgirl chicks
partridge showgirl chicks
many colors of silkie chicks such as black,white,partridge
1 lavender silkie about 7 weeks old
1 barnvelder roo chick
1 ee roo chick
1 porcelain d'uccle
1 splash orpington roo chick
1 black frizzle chick that carries the lavender gene
mixed breed chicks
I might be interested in swapping for pullets. tell me what you have to offer and we will talk.
I should have plenty of chicks available. but I will be at the hampton swap the day before.

Back
Top Bottom