Keep getting lice

This is the product I use.
https://www.jedds.com/shop/ectopar-de-weerd/

For a while I wasn't using any drops or anything just letting the birds bathe with the borax but inevitably one wouldn't do a good job cleaning itself and one or two would be left over and they would slowly repopulate. Since switching to the drops I have had none at all.
what are the active ingredients in it?

Attachments

• 20190904_114951.jpg
    20190904_114951.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 4
I’ve dealt with lice in chickens and I hope this doesn’t come across as offensive but, a birds first line of defense against lice is dust bathing. Do you have a sand box or something in the pen for them to dust bath and get rid of the lice on their own?

I’ve dealt with lice in chickens and I hope this doesn’t come across as offensive but, a birds first line of defense against lice is dust bathing. Do you have a sand box or something in the pen for them to dust bath and get rid of the lice on their own?
Pigeons prefer to bathe in water rather than dust. A common thing pigeon keepers do is add borax to the bath water as it tends to drive off parasites. It doesn't always work 100%

They have a big bird bath. Don’t dust bathe. I put a pinch of borax in their bird bath as well as bathe them in it.

Back
Top Bottom