Keep treating or cull?

It was most likely infection left over from the eye worms and it could have caused that nasty thing. Hope she feels better now.
Agreed.

Just to make sure that it isn't a foreign body, if you still have the 'goober' that came out of her eye, break it apart and see if it is encrusting a foreign body.

Definitely keep it flushed and keep her on oral antibiotics until it has resolved.

Good job! That has to feel better to that poor little girl, just to have it out of her eye.

Agreed.

Just to make sure that it isn't a foreign body, if you still have the 'goober' that came out of her eye, break it apart and see if it is encrusting a foreign body.

Definitely keep it flushed and keep her on oral antibiotics until it has resolved.

Good job! That has to feel better to that poor little girl, just to have it out of her eye.

It feels better for both of us. She was a little shocked at the end. I'll check on her tomorrow morning before work. Hopefully this starts the road to recovery. I do worry it could be injury since she was a lone bird intro'd after the first two that had been there since birth. Let's hope.

First,
THANK YOU

Oh. My. Chicken. that was traumatizing for me and Cornelia. Hubby held her still while I opened and squeezed her eye. I was finally able to see behind the third lid and saw a little yellow yuckness so I squeezed on the lid and out popped it was not a pretty smell either. After that I could see her eye way back there but there was a good hole where it was all swollen so I rinsed with saline and then applied vetricyn. Let's see how it goes. Soo what causes that giant yellow pus ball? Injury? Infection? Both?
thumbsup.gif
GOOD JOB! I was rooting for your and her. You may never know what caused it, but @chicklover 1998 and @microchick have good theories. Hopefully you should see a big difference in the morning, you may still need to rinse it again and reapply the ointment.

It was most likely infection left over from the eye worms and it could have caused that nasty thing. Hope she feels better now.
X3
Agreed.

Good advice

Wow I'm sure she feeling better getting that out of her eye. Is she able to open her eyelid now? Poor thing, bless your heart for treating her and nursing her back to health. I don't know what caused that I wish I did. Please keep us updated.

I checked on her this morning. I leave so early that I couldn't treat her more in the dark. The eye lid was shut but no longer swollen. Tonight when I get home I'll clean it again and give her the fourth day of tylan 50. I love my chickens
2764.png
Thank you all for your advice and encouragement.

I checked on her this morning. I leave so early that I couldn't treat her more in the dark. The eye lid was shut but no longer swollen. Tonight when I get home I'll clean it again and give her the fourth day of tylan 50. I love my chickens
2764.png
Thank you all for your advice and encouragement.

I'm sure she is a happier hen now....
thumbsup.gif

Oh my is right!!! I've never seen anything like that!!! Thank you for posting all of this so we could see and please keep us updated!!! Good luck to you and your baby!!!

Today is the first day in a month I have seen her eye. It's still cloudy but it's soo much better than it has been. Thank you for all your help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom