Keep your chickens healthy and happy!

StellaStewart

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2016
Hello!:frow
I am just a chicken lover who feels very uneducated on Chickens in general! I would appreciate it if someone could inform me on the symptoms, precautionary actions to take, and treatments that I should know about if one of my hens is unwell.
1. What might you notice if a chicken is unwell?
2. What are some things that chickens need in order to stay healthy and happy (aside from the basic necessities of food and water)? ie. what food/nutrients should I make sure my young chickens are getting at certain times of the year, like during moulting or cold and hot seasons)
3. How do I ensure that a chicken is getting enough food or water (I have a one-legged chicken and she doesn't get very efficiently)
I do know the basics (well at least enough to have kept my chickens alive for a year) but I just want a little bit more to help me stay in touch with my feathered friends!:love thanks!

Hello!:frow
I am just a chicken lover who feels very uneducated on Chickens in general! I would appreciate it if someone could inform me on the symptoms, precautionary actions to take, and treatments that I should know about if one of my hens is unwell.
1. What might you notice if a chicken is unwell?
2. What are some things that chickens need in order to stay healthy and happy (aside from the basic necessities of food and water)? ie. what food/nutrients should I make sure my young chickens are getting at certain times of the year, like during moulting or cold and hot seasons)
3. How do I ensure that a chicken is getting enough food or water (I have a one-legged chicken and she doesn't get very efficiently)
I do know the basics (well at least enough to have kept my chickens alive for a year) but I just want a little bit more to help me stay in touch with my feathered friends!:love thanks!
Have you wormed them? Seems like you got the rest under control.

Back
Top Bottom