Keeping a Nature Journal

I've done a few different types. I did a garden and backyard journal (plants and wildlife) and a couple birding journals.
IMG_0789.JPG

watercolorbirds15.jpg
watercolorbirds19.jpg

Wow, very nice! Your watercolours have an appealing clean look to them.
Thank you! Being mainly an acrylic realism painter, I tend to use watercolors more like acrylics and not use as much water. I have a hard time loosening up and letting the paint do its own thing.

I think I should have used a bigger journal on the first one so I could fit more paintings and drawings. There was too much I wanted to write down!

Thank you! Being mainly an acrylic realism painter, I tend to use watercolors more like acrylics and not use as much water. I have a hard time loosening up and letting the paint do its own thing.

I think I should have used a bigger journal on the first one so I could fit more paintings and drawings. There was too much I wanted to write down!
I have the same problem. After working mainly with graphite pencil for 12 years, loosening up is tough.

All ready to start the sketchbook. I'm currently doing a series of birds in the area, though I'm not much of a birdwatcher so I haven't seen them myself. As I progress I hope to start finding more and more of the material I paint and using live studies.
IMG_20220806_190952412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom