Keeping call ducks indoor??

What I am thinking is maybe two drakes or more as I know they’re way more quiet than female. And let them all roam in my house, with their own room that got UV lamp, pool, coop and pine shaving for them to walk on.
that will not work. ducks are not indoor pets. i don’t want to be mean but if you keep ducks indoors your thinking about what you want not what’s best for them

What I am thinking is maybe two drakes or more as I know they’re way more quiet than female. And let them all roam in my house, with their own room that got UV lamp, pool, coop and pine shaving for them to walk on.
To each their own but I wouldn't want to do it personally.
Especially if you don't have a yard they could at least spend a good amount of time in.
How would you keep from damaging your floors if you gave them a pool inside?
The amount of cleaning it would require to keep the stench down would be insane.

that will not work. ducks are not indoor pets. i don’t want to be mean but if you keep ducks indoors your thinking about what you want not what’s best for them
There are a few people who I think have managed indoor ducks successfully. The ones I feel are successful also have yards they can be in for good amounts of time as well.

There are a few people who I think have managed indoor ducks successfully. The ones I feel are successful also have yards they can be in for good amounts of time as well.
yeah there’s nothing wrong with keeping ducks indoors at night and for a little bit during the day for cuddles/to spend time with them, but indoors most of their life isn’t fair to them

yeah there’s nothing wrong with keeping ducks indoors at night and for a little bit during the day for cuddles/to spend time with them, but indoors most of their life isn’t fair to them
I'm not 100 percent sure what qualifies as a townhouse.. but when I hear that that sounds like a place you would be renting.
I absolutely would not be okay with that if I were the landlord.

OP,
I don't know what your situation is but I would definitely be checking with your landlord.

I'm not 100 percent sure what qualifies as a townhouse.. but when I hear that that sounds like a place you would be renting.
I absolutely would not be okay with that if I were the landlord.

OP,
I don't know what your situation is but I would definitely be checking with your landlord.
I own my place, basically it's three floors and I share two walls with my neighbors but I have my own entrance. My neighbors know that I have birds and are fine with it.

Even so. its just not ethical to keep ducks indoors.
I do lean to the no indoor flock animial side.
However I lean harder to the letting people make up their own minds what's right or wrong side.

If you consider the way a lot of livestock are kept.... Whether it's overcrowding, no protection from predators, factory farm situations etc,
I don't think a couple of spoiled call ducks in a house would have it all that bad.
The debate over what is ethical and what isn't when it comes to keeping pets could be debated till the cows come home.

However I lean harder to the letting people make up their own minds what's right or wrong side.
De Montfort Thumbs Up GIF

Back
Top Bottom