keeping food and water from spilling in the brooder

ebonykawai

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Wheatfield, NY near NiagFalls
I see quite a few posts about waterers tipping over and such, so I thought I'd share my own solution.

0002xy2k

I use velcro on the bottom of the waterers and feeders and attach them to either wood blocks or bricks. I've never yet had anything spill, it works quite well.
smile.png

Good luck!

I love the way the bricks are done...looks like it helps to keep the bedding out of the waterer. I have mine on a wood block..then a brick but this looks like a much nicer solution.

Yep, these are pretty thick and a bit wider than the base of the waterer. I don't get many shavings in at all. I was always paranoid about the waterers tipping while I was at work so I did the velcro. It's very secure. Velcro sure is strong, lol!

That is brilliant-looking... I am starting to get organized for chicks coming in a little over a week and I definitely see myself digging out some velcro and spare pavers. Thanks for posting this!

Pat

I use a brick under the water and I think that they spill it more so I switched to the glass jar and not plastic, but I do like the idea of the velcro. I haven't had them spill it with the brick and glass jar.

Back
Top Bottom