Keeping my Rooster from Crowing

You know there might be a underlying reason to the roosters crowing. I've heard of roosters crowing when there's danger to his flock. Have you checked for predators? He might be the only thing preventing a animal snacking on your hens.
Who knows,? My rooster does just fine 1D3B2FEA-1F37-4A91-B606-27DC38FAED95.jpeg

So recently, my rooster has been crowing at 3 in the morning every morning. it doesn’t bother me but im worried it will bother my neighbors. I dont want to get rid of him. I’d rather avoid a crow collar because of the risks it brings. I’ve heard that locking him in the coop at night may help because it keeps it dark and he can’t extend his neck, but does anyone know if that actually works?

So recently, my rooster has been crowing at 3 in the morning every morning. it doesn’t bother me but im worried it will bother my neighbors. I dont want to get rid of him. I’d rather avoid a crow collar because of the risks it brings. I’ve heard that locking him in the coop at night may help because it keeps it dark and he can’t extend his neck, but does anyone know if that actually works?
We're in the City limits, so our boy has a "no crow" collar which makes him sound like he's got emphysema, and since the 1st time he crowed at 3am, he's spent every night in a dog kennel in the laundry room.

I once lived in the city with a super extremely light sleeping wife. It was figure out how to stop the crowing or loose the rooster. I was able in about two weeks to train the rooster to not crow. It will take a bit of dedication, but i had a gorgeous rooster, so i did the work. Not sure my way is an alternative anymore since it involved one of my kids toys, that may no longer be available.

I once lived in the city with a super extremely light sleeping wife. It was figure out how to stop the crowing or loose the rooster. I was able in about two weeks to train the rooster to not crow. It will take a bit of dedication, but i had a gorgeous rooster, so i did the work. Not sure my way is an alternative anymore since it involved one of my kids toys, that may no longer be available.
You can at least give the information, in case it helps someone else. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom