Keeping rabbits with chickens story

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Keeping rabbits with chickens story
(NOTE; this is not aimed at anyone, I have just seen MULTIPLE posts on multiple sites/pages finding it funny and cute, it is NOT meant to make anyone feel bad! I made this EXACT mistake due to the lack of awareness on it!
WARNING; slight graphic descriptions)

In 2022 I kept my male rabbit (with his spayed female rabbit friend) with my chickens. They free roamed together, the bunny slept in the barn and they slept in the coop. I left for vacation and came back to find my hens head covered in bl**d and she refused to leave the coop. A little later I found a clump of feathers with the flesh still attached, I then found my other hen with a bl**dy crop. I thought it was an ermine so I hid and watched just to see my rabbit mounting my hens and biting their scalps to stop the squirming or biting their wings/crops so they couldn’t run away. Garlic(the one who lost her eyelid) was absolutely traumatized and wouldn’t leave the roost in fear of him.
So please, I beg of you, remove any unfixed male rabbits/male(a breeder has informed me females will as well) rabbits that try to mate with your hens from your flock ASAP before this happens! Rabbits reproduction drive is crazy high due to how low they are on the food chain!

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    504.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom