Keet Color ID’s? First Guinea Hatch!!

So hey ya’ll, I just got back from a girls’ trip and LOOK at these colors coming in!
85A75326-061A-4310-B884-62494A1863F8.jpeg
124445D8-9C16-46AF-A27C-94D7533CE907.jpeg

Oh how lovely!!! I think that you have some pied keets! Do you think that the more uniformly brown keet is a blonde? I saw that you had an adult of that color, but I don’t know anything about it!
I think that is a blonde and a pied blonde? It is very exciting to me because my blonde guinea is one of my better hens (currently broody and sitting with a pearl broody over probably 30+ eggs).

Maybe not. Lavender has two blue genes. If your Lavenders are heterozygous for the full dotting gene and the partial dotting gene, they can easily make Coral Blues that have two blue genes and partial dotting genes.
That is so cool! I do not pretend to understand how the color genes are expressed. If I were to keep this and add it to the flock, it would increase my blues next hatching season? Or possibly lavenders? Or both?

That is so cool! I do not pretend to understand how the color genes are expressed. If I were to keep this and add it to the flock, it would increase my blues next hatching season? Or possibly lavenders? Or both?
If you keep it, it will add another homozygous blue to your flock. If it gets crossed with a Lavender that already is heterozygous for full dotting and partial dotting, it will cause both more Lavenders and Coral Blues.

Back
Top Bottom