Keet incubating advice

Jun 10, 2021
I have a nurture right 360. Followed paper instructions for temp and humity on duck eggs and chick eggs and had great hatch success. For guineas do I follow the same temp and humidity as chickens but 28 days? Also...I can't get my humidity down from 57 and it needs to be lower...any suggestions? Or any suggestions on hey forget all that and do this instead 😂😂
Thanks!! Y'all are the best!!

I have a nurture right 360. Followed paper instructions for temp and humity on duck eggs and chick eggs and had great hatch success. For guineas do I follow the same temp and humidity as chickens but 28 days? Also...I can't get my humidity down from 57 and it needs to be lower...any suggestions? Or any suggestions on hey forget all that and do this instead 😂😂
Thanks!! Y'all are the best!!
Before you do anything else, get a hygrometer, salt calibrate it and use it to verify the humidity in your incubator.

Make sure you have all vents open. If your ambient humidity is 60%, the humidity in an incubator during incubation without any water being added will be in the 30% range.

Guineas can hatch from day 26 through day 28 if your temperature is correct.

Before you do anything else, get a hygrometer, salt calibrate it and use it to verify the humidity in your incubator.

Make sure you have all vents open. If your ambient humidity is 60%, the humidity in an incubator during incubation without any water being added will be in the 30% range.

Guineas can hatch from day 26 through day 28 if your temperature is correct.
So if my humidity is truly that high would you suggest dumping the water and doing dry hatch? Before I put water in it was staying around 25 and I thought that was too low so I did the water lol

If your ambient humidity is 60% there is no reason to add water until lockdown. If you are adding water, your incubator humidity could easily be that high. You lower the humidity by not adding any water.
Well...I currently have water in it and my humidity is 58...is that too high or should I be fine?

Do the salt test as @R2elk said. From there, determine your situation. Example, the humidity where I am right now is 69%, & I have the windows open, so the humidity inside is atleast that high.
Last year even w/the a.c. on, the humidity inside was around 50%. Dump the water,leave the vents wide open. At one point I put a dehumidifier in the room last year bc I was struggling w/humidity issues.

Back
Top Bottom