1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kelevra tractor 1.0

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by daskhan, Dec 25, 2015.

1. daskhan

daskhan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2015
    Indiana
    This is my new tractor in the spring it will be used for breeding
    [​IMG]
    First day the frame was started
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the point I realized I should have got 12 foot 2x4s for the frame instead of 8 foot
    [​IMG]my dad helped next day I realized it was slanted had to redo these sections
    [​IMG]
    Started raining had to add the tarp temparily early
    [​IMG]
    Added the next boxes[​IMG]
    Kitty inspection [​IMG]
    Size comparison
    Looked at picture noticed I forgot to add a chicken door lol
    [​IMG]
    Tarp has been put on currently Tyler is clipping of the extra plastic
    [​IMG]
    The hide away window before it was put on
    [​IMG]
    Tyler's building the ramp
    When I said he could help I could find enough for him to do he wants to build the next one by himself
    [​IMG]
    Ramp has been installed
    [​IMG]
    Door has been installed
    [​IMG]
    Secret door ,next picture shows it with the pull out bottom for easy cleaning
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Looks pretty cool![​IMG]

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    looks taller than most of the tractors I have seen. That could be nice if you need to go inside. It could make the tractor heavier.

4. Faraday40

Faraday40 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 1, 2013
    Illinois
    Looks very nice. I also really like the height, but it could be heavy to move. I've seen some people who have made retractable wheels that can easily be raised when the tractor is in place & lowered when it's time to move the tractor.

5. daskhan

daskhan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2015
    Indiana
    The wheels I have on it don't really raise the hieght much maybe a quartor inch just enough to move it but it seems to be functional and that's the most important part for me all said in done it might be like 7-8 feet tall I'm 6ft and can't really reach the top I also don't have to duck which is more then awesome

6. ChickCrazed

ChickCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I like the size and function of your tractor. I would strongly recommend you replace the chicken wire with hardware cloth. We have major predators in Indiana that will easily tear through the chicken wire and wipe out all of your birds. Fox, raccoon, opossum, skunk, coyote, stray dogs and even weasel and mink can go right through it and decimate your breeders.

Looks good though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by