kennel coop, needs a 'house'

roll.png
Having a 'vision' of a coop fitted about 3' hign into a corner of the chain link ..... it's sitting on cross bracing 2x4's ... a small square of chain link has been cut out to allow a nest box to poke outside for easy access ... it has several of those kits used to add wheels to pipe gates (availabe at any farm supply store) attached to it's bottom so it can roll with ease..... whoooOOOooooo .... the vision fades......

Can't wait to see picts - it's gonna be really cute
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
No leave the chain link just bolt it on from outside
easyer than trying to get inside
lol.png
to do it

where you can do inside where you cant do outside
just bolt thur the links

hope that was clear prob clear as mudd sorry tired
caf.gif

Ok... so here's my adaptation. I'd like to have a similar coop to the chain link one... except... I'd like to have a nest box sticking out... on the front... so i could go into the pen, open the door, gather the eggs. I'd also like a bigger door to the front where i could reach in and catch birds if i needed. That'd be handy. And i could leave the door open, have it tied open or something, and have the ladder there when the door is open. It could be detachable... WOOHOO!! I think i've found it. Thanks everybody

So. like a year or 2 back, one of my dad's friends gave him a kennel kit.. we set it up in the goat pen and never put it together.. my 'run' is rotting down and i needed a little bit better enclosure. so i convinced him to put it together. so we did. got it together without too much difficulty. it's like 6' x 8', 6' high. we're gonna put a top on it so it is coon proof. But. I need a coop. We're planning on this pen being portable. So i can have a tractor sort of pen. no wheels or anything. Just going to kinda lift/drag it around and let my birds fertilize my garden and such. Problem is. Building the hen house. It's got to be lightweight. But at the same time, durable. I need nest boxes that are accessible from the inside of the pen, but the outside of the coop. like a door where i can reach in and get eggs. It's also got to have a wire bottom to let the poop fall down to the ground. and roosts. and a ladder for the birds to come down on the ground but go up in the house during the night to roost. and i want the ladder to be able to latch back up at night just in case. Ok that sounds like a tall order. I need pictures folks! I would so appreciate if y'all would post pictures on here if you have something similar to what i'm asking for. It'd help a lot for my dad to get a visual of what i want built. Thanks in advance for your help!
So. like a year or 2 back, one of my dad's friends gave him a kennel kit.. we set it up in the goat pen and never put it together.. my 'run' is rotting down and i needed a little bit better enclosure. so i convinced him to put it together. so we did. got it together without too much difficulty. it's like 6' x 8', 6' high. we're gonna put a top on it so it is coon proof. But. I need a coop. We're planning on this pen being portable. So i can have a tractor sort of pen. no wheels or anything. Just going to kinda lift/drag it around and let my birds fertilize my garden and such. Problem is. Building the hen house. It's got to be lightweight. But at the same time, durable. I need nest boxes that are accessible from the inside of the pen, but the outside of the coop. like a door where i can reach in and get eggs. It's also got to have a wire bottom to let the poop fall down to the ground. and roosts. and a ladder for the birds to come down on the ground but go up in the house during the night to roost. and i want the ladder to be able to latch back up at night just in case. Ok that sounds like a tall order. I need pictures folks! I would so appreciate if y'all would post pictures on here if you have something similar to what i'm asking for. It'd help a lot for my dad to get a visual of what i want built. Thanks in advance for your help!
I know this post was from eight years ago, and I hope it that you were able to see this message. I was wondering how you attached the wheels to your tractor

Back
Top Bottom