Kentucky!!!

Quote:
Thanks Tom! I could still use some help clipping them, I haven't tried it yet. I'm nervous.
D.gif

What kind of feed do you all in the central Kentucky area use? Where do you shop? All I could find at Nicholasville TSC was the Dumor brand, and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but two days after I started using it (when a big sample of local feed from a friend in another area ran out) my birds have been sickly. I saw a thread on here about how that brand of food wasn't so great, but I don't know where else to look for something better. I would love an affordable organic or all natural feed, but I would settle for anything quality that's affordable and not Dumor!

Hey Andora there's a place in Eubank that mixes their own feed and I hear it is only 6-7 dollars for 50lb bags a small way off 27S. I haven't been there yet so don't know if it's organic or not.

Everyone in Central Kentucky...

Does anyone know of any farmers who want to sell me a Black Australorp, Silver-Laced Wyandotte, and a Barred-black Plymouth Rock (all laying hens of course)or even better just pullets (8 weeks to 19 weeks).

I live in Goshen, Oldham County (just east of Louisville) and can't seem to find ANYONE with these breeds.
thumbsup.gif

I thought I could get an answer from a couple of people in Versailles ( over an hour away) but would be willing to travel there, or to Shelby County, Trimble County, Spencer county....

Let me know right away if you can.

Anthony
[email protected]

Quote:
Was it something like Burkman Feed? I think that might have been the sample the friend gave me, I'm 95% sure it said Eubank as the location. That's kind of far to drive to buy chicken feed, but maybe if it's that cheap I could go and stock up! The Dumor feed was something like $13 for 50 pounds.

burkmans is the only one they have in eubank but there is a better feed mill at science hill it's just a few miles south of eubank. the name of it is science hill feed mill and they mix all of their feed.

No, Burkeman is right on 27 this one is close to the county line up there where you would turn and a couple miles out. I saw it one day when I went to buy some chicks off a fellow BYCer and he told me about them. I probably should have went there this week as I had to buy 3 bags this time...DH says it would be a waist just going for one though as it's about 20-25 minutes from us.

With gas so expensive, that's a long way to drive from Lexington. My husband would kill me if he found out.
hmm.png

Has anyone tried Woodford Feed? I got my DE from there, and I know they mix their own feeds for farmers. You can take your own stuff there to get ground and mixed. (Not that I have anything to take LOL.) The DE was expensive from them, I bet their feed is too since they supply rich horse farms in the area. I'll call and ask what they sell on Monday just in case.

Back
Top Bottom