Kerosene or gas....

ChickenGeek_101

Songster
Dec 7, 2017
So last night I forgot to fix something on my chicken coop and my chickens were able to get out this morning before I got up. When I went out, I fed them, then left for church. Well after I got home I was watching my new ducks and my little sisters brought me my black old English game bantam rooster. Well, while I was holding him i notice that his legs, bottom and chest feathers were oily. I smelled my hands and somehow he got gas or kerosene on him.

Should I be concerned?
Should I try to give a bath or just leave him alone?

I will check the rest of the flock when I get back home tonight.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!!!

So last night I forgot to fix something on my chicken coop and my chickens were able to get out this morning before I got up. When I went out, I fed them, then left for church. Well after I got home I was watching my new ducks and my little sisters brought me my black old English game bantam rooster. Well, while I was holding him i notice that his legs, bottom and chest feathers were oily. I smelled my hands and somehow he got gas or kerosene on him.

Should I be concerned?
Should I try to give a bath or just leave him alone?

I will check the rest of the flock when I get back home tonight.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!!!
I would check your car over. I think he maybe trying to kill you.:p
Seriously, better to dab it off with a bit of detergent. If can, smear a very light coat of coconut oil or olive oil on his feather where you washed him. The detergent strips the natural oil from the feather and leaves them unprotected.

Back
Top Bottom