1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Khaki Campbell duck sitting on eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by capduf, Oct 24, 2012.

1. capduf

capduf New Egg

Hi, we have a Khaki Campbell duck sitting on eggs in their duck house. This is the first duck we have had sit for more than 4 days and in a 'normal' safe place. The other ducks seem to be laying in her nest and then she goes back on it. I know it is early days!! But I'm so excited but trying not to get my hopes up. I know that their reputation for sitting is not good but surely some of them have to be good at. Would appreciate ANY advice! Have three drakes that house at night with them.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Is she in a secure location from predators and weather? I hope we will see you in the duck section [​IMG]

3. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello and welcome to BYC from Kentucky.

[​IMG]

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

You may want to mark the eggs she is sitting on and remove ones layed at a later time

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, capduf, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! I know less about ducks than most so I'll leave that to the experts. I wish you well!

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by