Khaki Campbell gender?

Momma*chicken

Songster
5 Years
Jun 14, 2018
Upstate NY... Adirondacks
So we have 6 Khaki campbell ducklings that are almost 10 weeks old. So far they all look the same. At what age do they start getting their adult feathers? I know the Drakes get greenish black heads. Is it possible I got blessed with all hens? :fl

I'd post a Pic, but I'm not home at the moment

Sorry, but the drakes do not get their breeding plumage until around 3 months old. Until then they look very similar. But, there is one major difference. The girls have two-toned, usually lighter feathers above their tails and the drakes have solid, darker feathers above theirs. Here are two of my ducks at about 7 weeks old.
IMG_1272.jpg

They also have voice differences at this age. Girls will have the loud quack "wack wack", like a duck call and the boys make a softer, whispering "wap, wap, wap", like they have a sore throat.

If you still aren't sure, post a picture when you get home and we will help you. I hope you do have mostly girls.

Thank you for your help!
Yes about the sound they make I do know about that, but it's so hard to catch them. They all herd together. I hear tons of quacking and only a little wheezing. However, I've got some Pekin ducks the same age flocking with them that we have a couple Drakes so Idk if the wheezing I hear is from the Pekins.

So far most of them quack. REALLY LOUDLY I might add lol. The quacking is so loud, it's hard to listen for boys. We tried singling out a few last night by trying to catch them and every one we followed quacked.

Back
Top Bottom