Khaki Campbell

ChickenLover2008

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2022
Hello guys, Are these khaki Campbell's? Ive looked at different breeds and thats the only one I think looks the most like them.This is the best picture I could get. If it's clear enough is there any drakes among them? Also I have read about how they make great pets and they're calm. I got them as babies on April 30th 2022. We've done nothing but show them love and not even looking at them they will run like we are trying to harm them. I have tried everything to calm them down. Any suggestions or answer to my questions are beyond greatly appreciated.

No pictures or videos came through.
Here's how for pictures:
Screenshot_20220712-081152_Chrome.jpg

I can’t see any pictures
But I can say most ducks don’t want to be picked up or chased to pick up
I incubated and hand raised mine but only one wants to be held
If he sees me coming he runs as fast as he can to see me
Everyone will come get treats from my hand and don’t get scared if I’m walking by Or cleaning pens ect but they second I try to pick them up they run away
They are all tame and the few that had a sore leg or one with a boy part issue knew I was there to help and didn’t run from me at that time.
I can pick them all up if I need to and they don’t bite me
Start by sitting around them but not trying to grab them. They will get more use to you
Also giving treats but not trying to touch them

Last edited:
Hello guys, Are these khaki Campbell's? Ive looked at different breeds and thats the only one I think looks the most like them.This is the best picture I could get. If it's clear enough is there any drakes among them? Also I have read about how they make great pets and they're calm. I got them as babies on April 30th 2022. We've done nothing but show them love and not even looking at them they will run like we are trying to harm them. I have tried everything to calm them down. Any suggestions or answer to my questions are beyond greatly appreciated.
20220712_075818.jpg

I can’t see any pictures
But I can say most ducks don’t want to be picked up or chased to pick up
I incubated and hand raised mine but only one wants to be held
If he sees me coming he runs as fast as he can to see me
Everyone will come get treats from my hand and don’t get scared if I’m walking by Or cleaning pens ect but they second I try to pick them up they run away
They are all tame and the few that had a sore leg or one with a boy part issue knew I was there to help and didn’t run from me at that time.
I can pick them all up if I need to and they don’t bite me
Start by sitting around them but not trying to grab them. They will get more use to you
Also giving treats but not trying to touch them
I finally got the picture to download. I actually did try that. I even kept them in there cage for a little while and talked to them and give them treats as well. I'd do it 3 times a day for an hour. It didn't help.

they're runners, perhaps khaki in them too, but they look like runners.
Runners are often quite skittish I've heard. Do they take treats from you? Most ducks dislike being held. Overall ducks aren't like dogs or cats, having a relationship with them takes a lot of trust and time and usually the acceptance that you admire them from a distance. My girls are very very tame due to being an out going breed and being hand reared, but sometimes even my girls say "no" when I go to pet them or pick them up. And that's okay. It's a patient relationship where they choose the boundaries (unless I actually need to pick them up for something).

Give them time, and lots of treats, and they may come around. Or you may end up just sitting nearby and watching them instead of petting them. They're entertaining so make great pets regardless of their tameness!

Sexing should be fairly straight forward at this age, males make a raspy whispery sound where as the girls will quack like normal.
Drakes will also develop a curly feather on their tails once they get adult feathers at about 12-15 weeks (I think).

they're runners, perhaps khaki in them too, but they look like runners.
Runners are often quite skittish I've heard. Do they take treats from you? Most ducks dislike being held. Overall ducks aren't like dogs or cats, having a relationship with them takes a lot of trust and time and usually the acceptance that you admire them from a distance. My girls are very very tame due to being an out going breed and being hand reared, but sometimes even my girls say "no" when I go to pet them or pick them up. And that's okay. It's a patient relationship where they choose the boundaries (unless I actually need to pick them up for something).

Give them time, and lots of treats, and they may come around. Or you may end up just sitting nearby and watching them instead of petting them. They're entertaining so make great pets regardless of their tameness!

Sexing should be fairly straight forward at this age, males make a raspy whispery sound where as the girls will quack like normal.
Drakes will also develop a curly feather on their tails once they get adult feathers at about 12-15 weeks (I think).
There sounds are hard to pick up because once starts they all start making noise. I have gotten to the point where I just sit in my yard and watch them hangout with the chickens. They are pretty comical.

Beautiful Runner duckling. I love them.
@DuckyDonna come see these Runners!

I have 7 Runners and out of those I have 3 that will eat out of my hand. Had them since hatch they are 6yrs old now the most we can expect is they let us hang out with them. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom