Are these Campbells???

Chelt Cluckers

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 18, 2015
Hi all,

Recently added ducks to my chickens. We’ve kept chickens for 10 years and become pretty knowledgable about breeds but last couple of months we’ve got a couple of khaki campbells ducks and a dark Campbell duck for something new. They all mix very well so decided to May be add some more ducks in.

Someone has offered us 2 khaki Campbells and a khaki drake due to them moving, but I don’t think they are pure khaki’s when looking at the pictures, the colours and stripes around the eyes of the girls, and drake colours doesn’t look 100% due to his 10 week pic from 2 years a go. I’ve included pics of the 3, the drake is very dark in one picture at 10 weeks but now has a dark green head, looking more like my Dark Campbell female at 10 weeks.

Any help to identify if these are campbells or maybe a mix would be great as i the person is limited on time due to moving.

Thanks
608d5966-17ed-4192-8940-e1c69c8af7ab.jpeg
608d5966-17ed-4192-8940-e1c69c8af7ab.jpeg
e84bb0f4-f33c-4355-a6a9-5781f6a6ac30.jpeg
9df621ac-43dc-45a9-962e-d0841674c3b7.jpeg
b505b7ee-f9ff-4e87-8dfc-2843f5f3f59d.jpeg

You are correct, pure Campbell’s do not have eye stripes. These girls do appear to have the sex-linked brown though. The drake does not, he looks similar to what a dark Campbell would look like. If these ducks had a Khaki father and a Rouen, silver Harlequin, or Mallard mother, that would explain their colors.

I'm not real sure on their breed, but omg they are gorgeous!! I love Campbells. We had 2 drakes and 1 hen to start with. Then 1 drake bred with our blue Swedish and the 3 eggs that our friend incubated for us, looked exactly like Campbells when they hatched. We raised them from 3 days old till they were fully feathered and ready to go outside. When they grew up, the 2 males looked more like mallards. They looked almost identical to the little guy pictured above. The females in your pics look like mallards, but i'm no expert by any means. They are so pretty though, and until youve had all duck breeds, you never know which will be your favorite. They all have different personalities and different ways they do things. I love them all. We've had Indian Runners, Campbells, pekins, Swedish, muscovies(which are baby making machines. 😆just in the last couple months, 1 hatched 9 babies, and this morning another hen came strutting by showing off her newly hatched 11 babies.) There isn't one breed I'd choose over another. They all are wonderful in their own way and deserving of a good home.

You are correct, pure Campbell’s do not have eye stripes. These girls do appear to have the sex-linked brown though. The drake does not, he looks similar to what a dark Campbell would look like. If these ducks had a Khaki father and a Rouen, silver Harlequin, or Mallard mother, that would explain their colors.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected. The drake is lovely looking but as all 3 come from the same breeder I doubt he is a pure breed himself.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. The drake is lovely looking but as all 3 come from the same breeder I doubt he is a pure breed himself.
Oh I suspect they are siblings. If they had a Khaki dad and a mom as I suggested, it would be a sex-linked cross. The girls would be brown with facial stripes, the boys would look similar to a dark Campbell but with facial stripes. One of my best ducks had a Khaki dad and Welsh Harlequin mother. She lays lots of large eggs and is a sweetheart. She looks similar to yours. This is her although it is hard to see her facial stripes in this picture.
1DC9810E-34EA-4E98-AC3B-C1F0D0CF5691.jpeg

Oh I suspect they are siblings. If they had a Khaki dad and a mom as I suggested, it would be a sex-linked cross. The girls would be brown with facial stripes, the boys would look similar to a dark Campbell but with facial stripes. One of my best ducks had a Khaki dad and Welsh Harlequin mother. She lays lots of large eggs and is a sweetheart. She looks similar to yours. This is her although it is hard to see her facial stripes in this picture.
View attachment 3729459
Hi just wanted to chime in and say that she is beautiful!! I have a khaki Campbell female also. So so pretty 💗

I have had a Khaki Drake that I had to rehome and I now have two hens. Neither have any eye stripes. They look like a combination of my Rouen Hens and my Khaki Hens. Whatever they are, they sure are pretty ducks.

Back
Top Bottom