Drake or hen?

Ljb1983

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2023
I’m new to owning ducks and I’m trying to verify that I got 3 hens. One is khaki campbell the other 2 are a mix of khaki campbell and domestic mallard. They are 7 weeks 3 days old. I think they have all quacked at least once but I’m not sure since I’ve never had ducks before. They are mostly still peeping though so I’m starting to worry they could all be drakes.
IMG_2923.jpeg
IMG_2922.jpeg
IMG_2920.jpeg

I’m new to owning ducks and I’m trying to verify that I got 3 hens. One is khaki campbell the other 2 are a mix of khaki campbell and domestic mallard. They are 7 weeks 3 days old. I think they have all quacked at least once but I’m not sure since I’ve never had ducks before. They are mostly still peeping though so I’m starting to worry they could all be drakes.
View attachment 3553111View attachment 3553112View attachment 3553115
Often when the voice starts yo change they will throw in a quack in between peeps
Boys never do this
Take a video holding each one and post here I can help you
First need to download it to YouTube or a platform like it then post the link here

Thank you! Here is the full khaki Campbell. She is usually calm and quiet when I hold her so I had to put her down to get her to make her noise. The loudest noise that’s right in the middle of the video is her and what I think is a quack.

Here is one of the mixes. They hate to be picked up so I just separated this one from the other 2. I think it’s easy to tell the noise that’s from it though.

The 3rd is by far the most skittish so still working on a video

Often when the voice starts yo change they will throw in a quack in between peeps
Boys never do this
Take a video holding each one and post here I can help you
First need to download it to YouTube or a platform like it then post the link here
Don't need to upload to youtube anymore, you can do it straight to your member's gallery.

Thank you! Here is the full khaki Campbell. She is usually calm and quiet when I hold her so I had to put her down to get her to make her noise. The loudest noise that’s right in the middle of the video is her and what I think is a quack.

Here is one of the mixes. They hate to be picked up so I just separated this one from the other 2. I think it’s easy to tell the noise that’s from it though.

The 3rd is by far the most skittish so still working on a video
I think I heard the louder in there but hard to tell as it’s short
Boys don’t usually get to loud more of a raspy tone
Do they all sound the same ?
My girls were born just under 6 weeks ago and they are full on quacking now
The one girl quacks as loud as my adult girls
The other two are much more quiet unless picked up

One seems to sound different than the other 2 and more raspy but every once in a while that one gives a louder sound that really sounds like a quack to me. They’re usually the loudest first thing in the morning when I check on them and refill food and give fresh water. I’ll try to get better videos tomorrow and post.

Ok I got better videos of the 2 mallard mixes and added them to my media. I have no idea how someone else can view them but they are titles “Quack or not a quack?” and “Quack or not a quack duck 2.”

Ok I got better videos of the 2 mallard mixes and added them to my media. I have no idea how someone else can view them but they are titles “Quack or not a quack?” and “Quack or not a quack duck 2.”
When you post a reply, there's an icon up top to the left of 'gif' that is Gallery Imbed. Click that and you can add your video.

Example from mine:

Back
Top Bottom