Khaki Campbell

Lovely ducks, ChickenLover2008

I firmly believe that the way to make friends with ducks is to sit with them for an hour or more every day. Sit down at their height -- on a bottom step or a cinder block -- and talk to them. Have food available by you but don't start to offer them food by hand until they are coming up and nibbling your shoes. Talking to them accustoms them to you.

Just sitting with them and being calm encourages them to be calm. I have one recent rescue that only comes up to just outside arms reach at the moment but he comes running with my other ducks when I go outside and just once recently he came right up to me when I was sitting holding his ducky buddy. He had been abused before being dumped by a road side and I am assuming that is why it is taking time for him to get used to me. Yours are much younger, haven;t been abused, and have safety in numbers!!! Just hang out with them sitting low down, and they will warm to you!!

I finally got the picture to download. I actually did try that. I even kept them in there cage for a little while and talked to them and give them treats as well. I'd do it 3 times a day for an hour. It didn't help.
You may need to wait till they are 8-12 weeks old where they can defend themselves

Back
Top Bottom