Khaki Campbell

Yes you are so right...they follow me around the yard where ever I go, but always at arms length. And if I happen to walk towards them, they just take off running. Its the stangest thing. Course I've never had Khaki's before...I had Rouens and Pekins, they would follow me where ever I went as well, but if I stopped and sat down they would be right in my lap or scrunched up next to me as close as they could get without actually being on top of me.

This pair of Khaki's will take some getting used too.

They like the turtle bath though...

Last edited:
Interesting about the KC not coming close. I wonder if it's the fact that there are 2 of them.

Are you sure these are Khakis? Mine dont look like that at all.
Yes you are so right...they follow me around the yard where ever I go, but always at arms length. And if I happen to walk towards them, they just take off running. Its the stangest thing. Course I've never had Khaki's before...I had Rouens and Pekins, they would follow me where ever I went as well, but if I stopped and sat down they would be right in my lap or scrunched up next to me as close as they could get without actually being on top of me.

These look like blue swedish, not khakis!

Rock home, sorry you don't have Khakis. They don't come blue/grey and bibbed. The khaki name describes their coloration, think khaki camo green for their down, various tones of deep green/brown. I call them chocolate milk as they feather.

I've never had Khaki's before and when I asked for Khaki's the lady at the store told me they were Khakis...

In that case, maybe they are a X of some sort? I have KC adults plus 1 KC duckling and mine do not have the colouration yours have.
idunno.gif

Not that its majorly important because they are a cute pair! I'm sure you are going to enjoy many happy times with them
smile.png

They are a nice looking pair! When I got my Khaki Campbell I thought I picked out a Runner. As I was paying the girl told me it was a KC. I really didn't know a thing about them as all I've had are Pekins. I'm sure the ducks you have will lay eggs unless they are drakes, ha ha. Anyway, a qick search on the internet will tell you all about them other than the personal touch we get on here from real owners. On another note, my ACD is not coming around to letting any moving object alone. Even with close supervision she still circles and tries to bite. I hope when the duck is grown out they can co-exist?

Back
Top Bottom