Khaki Campbells not pipping, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LissyB

Chirping
7 Years
Today is day 26 of incubation for my two khaki campbell eggs. They are not peeping or pecking, which I heard that they should start doing at this point. I candled earlier today and saw movement in one, the other I think is dead but I still see veins so he's not getting chucked yet. I really don't know what I'm doing! We have them in a homemade incubator made out of a styrafoam cooler. Please help! I really want them to hatch as they would be the only offspring of my ducks.
sad.png

Last edited:
unless they are different than other duck breeds, they should not hatch until day 28. I'd mist them well, lock down the incubator and dont touch them again until day 30 at the earliest. Ducks take a long time to hatch out after pipping, so remember - STAY OUT of the incubator. You will loose all the humidity and the inner lining of the shell will shrink wrap the duckling.

faykokoWV is right! Humidity is VERY important for duck eggs. What is your humidity at? It needs to be as high as you can get it and opening the incubator will only make it worse. Try and get it to around 80% if you can...

Sit on your hands! Do not candle any more! Do not open the lid! and you may still have babies if you are lucky
smile.png

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom