Khaki Campbells

This is so frustrating. I had something like this happen.
Its soon annoying because we got that breed specifically for eggs and now we only have 1 girl khaki. The other females won't lay till 2021. Anyone wanna trade lol

Its soon annoying because we got that breed specifically for eggs and now we only have 1 girl khaki. The other females won't lay till 2021. Anyone wanna trade lol
in my opinion khaki’s aren’t that great at egg producing lol. my girl will lay one, then skip 3-4 days. then lay another and skip days again. she’s a pet though so it doesn’t really matter

in my opinion khaki’s aren’t that great at egg producing lol. my girl will lay one, then skip 3-4 days. then lay another and skip days again. she’s a pet though so it doesn’t really matter
We shall see. We also have an appleyard, some muscovys and possibly some saxony

You can tell by their tail feathers usually like @cheezenkwackers said.
And for their voice a drake will sound almost like he is gurgling water (well thats how it sounds to me) and a duck will quack loud.
You can post a video of them talking if you don’t know how to tell by their voice :D

That is spot on, never even thought about it like that. So true.

My Khakis have been great layers. My first female would lay an egg almost every day for the first two years. You must have gotten one with issues.

If you do want to set up a trade you'd have to tell people where you are at. And then you'd have to hope someone is close to you or have both of you willing to pay for shipping. :S

Do you have an online classified service in your area? I don't like craigslist as its full of immoral trash. We have that and another one in my area. But KSL classifieds that I use to network in my area only does Utah, Idaho, and parts of Whyoming.

Maybe you have something else that you can use?

Also I noticed my local agricultural stores often have a bulletin board that they let people tack up free ads on. You see all kinds of stuff on those, but usually its people trying to make a living in agriculture etc, like horse shoe people, horse trainers, sheep people, rabies clinics, etc.

I'm in NH. There's a few places I can try. If not, I'll get to learn something new and let my kids finally try duck. My son has been begging lol

I'm in NH. There's a few places I can try. If not, I'll get to learn something new and let my kids finally try duck. My son has been begging lol

If worst comes to worst, you can get the enjoyment of a few weeks watching them grow as ducklings. This is super fun to watch.

And then convert all but two boys into meat at about 8 weeks. After about the 7 to 9 week mark people say you don't get as much gain and slower growth. So you'll want to watch for this window (without telling the kids the fate of the boys... )

(Where I'm at ground beef is now 6 bucks a pound. Its worth it to be practical because of this. And it could also be a good experiment to try for getting ready for trying meat broiler chicks next year for you.)

Then have arrivals timed of probably a second all girls order around that time to take the place of the boys.

That's one way you can do it if you can't find someone willing to do trades.

However, you may want to do the trade someplace public and safe now as rule of law seems to be going out the window in many places back east.

Back
Top Bottom