loneralli

Chirping
May 4, 2015
Hi everyone, i have a 4 month old khaki Campbell that can't walk. Last month she started having trouble walking with her right side. Thought it might have been a Niacin Deficiency and gave her a few mg more of vitamins. It helped a little to where she can kind of stand on it but not long. She has started using her wings to move herself around her enclosure. And yes she is separated from her fellow waterfowl. She gets cold very easily and noticed a few days ago during swim time that her oil glands aren't working. When she swims, she keeps her right leg up close to her unlike her left that hangs freely down. I greatly appreciate any help...

She has been indoors only this whole time under a heat lamp. Whenever I take her out of the pen to clean it she starts shaking like she's cold. Otherwise when she is under the lamp she doesn't shake. She eats and drinks normally, no loss of appetite.

Naci.jpg

I give her about 7g with 3 cups of feed. When I looked online its somewhere between 2 tbs a day

Would you be willing to go to TSC and get the liquid b complex? We have seen it do so much more than niacin on its own can do. You’ll find it in the cattle section or ask for it, it will say injectable but we use it orally. Since she’s eating good I’d try giving her this over something she really likes. Meal worms is always a big hit take 1 ml and put it over just enough treat so she gets full dose. Do this morn an evening for at least a week that should give us an idea that it’s niacin deficiency. What do you feed. Most of the time when there is leg problems and it turns out to be niacin the Liquid B has brought them around pretty quick. Also I’d let her swim in the tub in warm water the warm water will keep her muscles relaxed so she won’t tense up but hopefully start using this leg. Cold water makes muscles tense. Water therapy as often as you can.

Epsom salt soaks can help with swelling and inflammation but you don’t want her drinking the water it also works as a laxative. When you’ve examined the leg have you see any swelling or redness or unusual heat any where on her leg? Is she laying? How long has she been on layer. We usually don’t feed layer until laying age or started.

Her
Epsom salt soaks can help with swelling and inflammation but you don’t want her drinking the water it also works as a laxative. When you’ve examined the leg have you see any swelling or redness or unusual heat any where on her leg? Is she laying? How long has she been on layer. We usually don’t feed layer until laying age or started.

There isn't any swelling or redness. She is not laying yet. I've had the new ones on the Layer Food for about 3 weeks now. It's what my adult Rouen girls are on and are currently still laying surprisingly. I didn't realize i started that food too early. What should I start feeding now since they aren't laying yet?

Back
Top Bottom