Kia Ora from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by King Bertie, Nov 6, 2011.

1. King Bertie

King Bertie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2011
    New Zealand
    Hello everyone. I found you today while searching to find out if my baby chicks could manage a ramp or not. I then spent ages reading lots of posts, so I thought I better join. [​IMG] Oh and my name isn't really King Bertie!

I'll make it easier by answering the questions.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I'm not new to chickens. I've been keeping them for 6 years now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have a rooster boy called King Bertie and 14 girls.

(3) What breeds do you have? King Bertie is an Araucana, there's 4 Minorcas ( Millicent, Mabel, Maude and Mathilda) 4 New Hampshire reds ( Abagail, Buttercup, Sparrow and Kathleen) 1 Silver Campine ( Elizabeth) 1 GLW ( Mavis) 1 SLW ( Edna) and 3 light Sussex ( Gertrude, Geraldine and Lola)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Searching to find out about chicks and ramps

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Well I live on a small farm so a lot of time is spent farming ( I hope it's ok - I do keep the chickens in the sort of back yard area) I swim a lot - 4 times a week, twice in a pool and twice in the sea and I love scuba diving. But mainly it's gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm married to my lovely husband. We have no children, but we do have 3 large dogs, 3 cats, 2 donkeys and 3 alpacas. I'm a farmer [​IMG]

2. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    [​IMG]

3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

4. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Hi there! Welcome [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Happy to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

8. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from the coast of California. Sounds like you have quite a flock. I'd love to visit New Zealand. I've heard it is quite lovely. Looking forward to you sharing your experiences with us. [​IMG]

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us!

10. King Bertie

King Bertie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2011
    New Zealand
    hi everyone! Thank you so much for all the welcomes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by