Kicked out of a Hardware/Feed store becuse of my age!

Danny188

Songster
Jul 22, 2019
Iowa
Some stores are taking this covid deal way to far. I was kicked out of my local feed store becuse I'm not 16 yet...... anyone under 16 is not allowed in the store. I'm a monthly customer I go in buy my 3 bags of feed and a few Missolniouse items and I'm out. There is a sign by the door that says no one under 16 in the store and social distance bla bla bla. I had simply walked past it on 2 or 3 different occasions thinking they wouldn't want to sacrifice a monthly customer for a stupid rule. On the 3rd or 4th time I was at the store they stopped a dad and a 10 year old girl and I was behind them with my mom and one of the female workers said sorry no kids in the store I assumed she was talking to the girl and the dad so I walked around them and she repeated herself to me. I walked out and my mom bought her FOURTEEN bags of mulch and we left. Btw the dad never came back into the store without his daughter they left. The cashier knows me well and is very nice but this worker is obviously uptight and I'm thinking about emailing the store owner about this rule. I will gladly go buy the more expensive feed and other things at the tractor supply if I am kicked out again. I will also try to lie and say "thats too bad becuse I'm 16" im 14 btw and this rule makes absolutely NO sense at ALL. My rant is over now thanks for reading if you made it this far

The workers are doing what they were instructed to do by management and could possibly face punishment if they don't. The mandates vary state to state but ultimately it is up to the store to decide what and how to enforce their policies for what they feel will protect their employee's and customer's safety and health. Emailing the store owner about a rule they enacted isn't going to help you. If you're under 16 and that's the rule, that's how it's going to be. If they make an exception for you because you feel it's unfair, than that completely defeats the purpose.

The workers are doing what they were instructed to do by management and could possibly face punishment if they don't. The mandates vary state to state but ultimately it is up to the store to decide what and how to enforce their policies for what they feel will protect their employee's and customer's safety and health. Emailing the store owner about a rule they enacted isn't going to help you. If you're under 16 and that's the rule, that's how it's going to be. If they make an exception for you because you feel it's unfair, than that completely defeats the purpose.
How do they know I'm under 16 in the first place my friend who is also 14 (looks16) was at the counter checking out a socket set he said "what's that all about" as he passed me while I was standing outside the door. The manager has seen me on the different occasions of me passing the sign he never assumed I was under 16 though. I probably should have included more context in the original post so you could understand a tad better you have your opinion I have mine I'm going to respect your opinion have a nice day :).

I’m sorry but if they have rules and you knew them and purposely broke them then you really can’t be mad at the store or it’s employees. :confused:

She wasn’t being “uptight.” She was following a rule she was probably told to.

It might be a stupid rule but they could get in trouble if they don’t follow it. Heck, maybe they already got in trouble the other times for letting you in before.

I really do not think emailing the store owner is going to do anything other than cause trouble. And lying is also a bad idea. No need to purposely stir up trouble or go looking for it.

I honestly think it is a stupid rule and it’s stupid they are all of a sudden enforcing it now if they didn’t before BUT I think you are just going to have to follow it for now and hopefully it will be lifted soon.

I remember an incident in a restaurant. Dog show people were going to dinner, I was one of several. Don't recall the drinking age at that time. I was 20 and looking like 12. I was with my boss who was 3 weeks younger than me but, had a beard. Our apprentice was 16 and they had no qualms about serving her. They had brought out a large pitcher of beer. Then noticed me and took it back. I told them I don't drink anyway. Well everyone was ticked off about me.

I didn't have a drivers license(no car). But after that got a state ID card. Last time I got it renewed I had to pay $ 20. but it doesn't expire till 99,99,9999 (no joke) that's why they charged so much. Whoopee, still don't drink and by now they sure know I am not underage.

My son is 34 and was still getting carded. He shaved his head (still looks like a kid) has trimmed beard and still gets carded as often. Oh boy, I really miss seeing him.

Hmmm mabey I would get different reactions if the sign said no one over 60 in the store becuse they are at a higher risk or no racial or ethnic minorities becuse they are also SUPPOSEDLY at a higher risk (look on the CDC page and decide for yourself not being racist just proving my point) JUST like they are doing to teens and kids they are putting them in a group and stereotyping them that they are spreading the disease by hanging out with other kids, could it be true yes but are some of the other this listed above also true yes. The virus isn't that bad for kids and teens, yes it's not good for a kid to get sick but what's the difference if its an adult or kid .I might get reported for writing this post and it could get deleted but come on this just isn't fair if they said no racial or ethic minorities in the building the local newspaper would jump on that and call them racist and they wouldn't get any business.:confused:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom