kickin chicken feed supplement (question)

Chicklove4ever

Songster
May 17, 2020
Hi ive been researching everywhere to find out if i can premix this oil supplement kickin chicken with my 50 pound bag of feed?? i only have 16 chickens and it takes them 2 1/2 weeks to finish the whole bag. I dont want the feed to go bad if i premix the oil supplement with feed and get my chickens sick. I can just add it when i feed them but for me its a lot easier to just add the whole bottle to the 50 pound bag scoop and feed. Any suggestions??🤔

I would only add 1-2 tsp to each pound of feed you use and mix it well with a large spoon to coat the feed. If you have an inexpensive kitchen scale (also good for weighing your chickens,) you could weigh a pound of your feed in a measuring cup or container. Zero the container and pour in the feed. Then use the amount of feed you normally use in 1-2 days, and mix the supplement. That way the vitamins would not lose strength or cause the feed to go rancid, which happens with oils.

:idunno Never used it.

Is there a reason you are needing to add a supplement to your feed? Is it not a complete poultry feed?
It helps them with molt and vitamin absorption:
Kickin' Chicken Feed Supplement is HealthyCoat's poultry feed supplement for all classes of birds. Kickin' Chicken poultry supplements are a natural and unrefined source of the highest quality Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and Vitamin E for optimum health and performance. Kickin' Chicken promotes a vibrant, silky, shiny plumage.
  • Poultry feed supplements help chicks finish feathering and filling out
  • More energy for performing birds
  • Strengthens the immune system
  • Easily digested and slowly metabolized chicken supplements assist absorption of vitamins
  • Omega rich eggs
  • Ideal for feeding during stressful times
  • Promotes colorful plumage and healthy skin

I would only add 1-2 tsp to each pound of feed you use and mix it well with a large spoon to coat the feed. If you have an inexpensive kitchen scale (also good for weighing your chickens,) you could weigh a pound of your feed in a measuring cup or container. Zero the container and pour in the feed. Then use the amount of feed you normally use in 1-2 days, and mix the supplement. That way the vitamins would not lose strength or cause the feed to go rancid, which happens with oils.
Thank you soo much! that makes sense.

It helps them with molt and vitamin absorption:
Kickin' Chicken Feed Supplement is HealthyCoat's poultry feed supplement for all classes of birds. Kickin' Chicken poultry supplements are a natural and unrefined source of the highest quality Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and Vitamin E for optimum health and performance. Kickin' Chicken promotes a vibrant, silky, shiny plumage.
  • Poultry feed supplements help chicks finish feathering and filling out
  • More energy for performing birds
  • Strengthens the immune system
  • Easily digested and slowly metabolized chicken supplements assist absorption of vitamins
  • Omega rich eggs
  • Ideal for feeding during stressful times
  • Promotes colorful plumage and healthy skin
That makes a lot of sense. Thats cool, nice job on that supplement, I bet the girls appreciate you for it. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom