Kicking them out of the house part 2....

Chick-Mahal

Chirping
May 21, 2021
Concord, NH
.Ok this morning I had to bite the bullet and get those 13 babies in the coop. It's about 60 degrees out so cooping them up won't upset me.
I took all the great advice from here and other friends and it was a success. I used some plastic snow fencing to reduce the size of the run area, then got them around where I could pull the fence around and they were stuck in a small 6 foot area. wouldn't you know one smart one got out. So I got the 12 in and for the next 5 minutes chased her in the rain until I outsmarted her with a downed chair on its side, she didn't know to fly over it so she was stuck and I got her. Yes they all squaked like I was hurting them due to the fact they had no idea what was happening. It was pouring rain FYI and I got soaked to the bone but I went in and changed my clothes. So glad I can now have piece of mind as they will stay there for a few days like I am told and learn that is where they go at night, aka safe place.:wee

Now that they are in the coop the weather is about 65 daytime and 50 or so at night. I closed the coop window 85% still need ventilation. Changed their water to warm water gave them snacks, meal works and crickets lots of chick feed and sent them to bed. They are so funny, they are getting used to my visits to the coop, they know I bring food stuff, so they are coming closer to me each time, getting comfy with me. It's nice to see. Of course I spoil them rotten, they are my babies!! My motto is creature human or not that comes to live here gets the best treatment!! Life should be that way, especially for those who need caring for.

UPDATE: Coop was getting too hot so I opened my clean out door and added a screen. Well a frame with chicken wire over it that I fit in the doorway so I can open the end door and window on the other end for circulation on hot days. The food and water is on that end, so far they are eating really well. LOL I also inspected the perches I made for them. I hd put some dried snacks on them at all heights adan well after todays inspection I do believe they are roosting. No more snacks and lots of poop!! LOL They will stay inside until fri or sat. Each day I go out twice a day and they are getting used to my intrusions! They come about halfway across the coop towards me now. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom