Kid replacer or whole cows milk?? Help before morning, please!

lil'chickies :

I would love to find a milk goat or two. Not that easy to come by here though.

As far as feeding your baby, go with what is comfortable for you.

I had read that there is a certain way to mix up the cows milk. Would have to google the recipe if that is the way you choose to go.

thanks..so, i cant just give them the cows milk from the store then??
he.gif
she also said she will give me some actual goats milk to help transition her..i cant wait until she is old enough to breed and get milk from..the kids (human ones...heehe)love goats milk..and i want to make soap..cheese..etc..
wee.gif

I remember googling for it and several places I looked had recipes for it. I remember a gallon of whole milk, powdered milk, and canned milk. I don't remember the quantities though. I also know that whatever you decide, stay with that. Don't just switch in a week or two. That can really give them belly aches.

BTW- That pig in your avatar is so adorable. Trying to find two of those. This part of the world is all about sheep, cows, and meat goats. Really going to have to travel for anything else. Just wanted to tell you how cute it is.

Check to see if the sellers will sell you a gallon of goats milk. Or, when your dickering price ask if they will throw a gallon in.
This way you can mix it half and half with whatever you will be using and this should make the transistion easier on the baby.
I have used both whole cows milk and milk replacer with equal success. Like someone mentioned, the replacer made with milk products might cost more but might be better.
They sell whole cows milk at grocery stores. Check the lable saying it is whole milk.
I'm a big supporter of powdered probios. You can get them at Tractor Supply. They have the gel, but the powdered is easier, just put the reccomended amount in the bottle the first two weeks. It's a good product to have on hand as you can use it on any animal.
Can't wait to see pictures!

Quote:
thanks good to know about the powered probias! hubby is making his tractor supply list now, i'll tell him to add it. thanks! and good idea about getting a whole gallon from her...i hope she has that much..she should with all those nigis!..
lol.png

lil'chickies :

BTW- That pig in your avatar is so adorable. Trying to find two of those. This part of the world is all about sheep, cows, and meat goats. Really going to have to travel for anything else. Just wanted to tell you how cute it is.

Thank you, Thats Hammie. ;o) and he actually came from texas! from an awesome lady! her web site is...thebestlittlepotbellypighouseintexas.com
wink.png

I use the whole milk (nothing added to it) and my kids do just fine, and that is what I reccommend to my buyers when they get a bottle kid. But you just have to find what you are comfortable w/.

Back
Top Bottom