Kidnapping the flock

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PerfectPlumage, Oct 22, 2015.

1. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday we finished our coop by building the door! WOO![​IMG] Then today I swept out the coop, and put bedding in the coop, and got all the roosts and nesting boxes in place. Tonight we went out and grabbed them when they where roosting in their old coop and 'Kidnapped them' From the old coop and locked 'em up in the new one. Time for a week or so of more 'kidnapping'. Well, I guess it is "Chickennapping"! [​IMG]Only time will tell if they like the coop! We have 6 pullets, 1 cockerel, and 1 hen. 8 nesting boxes, 8 roost places, and some pigeon nesting boxes are roosts for when we get some in the spring. They flipped out when we carried them to the new coop, except for the two sweetest ones, a Jersey Giant pullet and a Silkie roo, who where just like [​IMG]. Lol.

2. PerfectPlumage

I just realized I said coop 6 times. [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congrats on getting your new coop finished! It sounds like you and the chickens all had a pretty exciting day [​IMG]

4. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Congratulations! Must be a good feeling to get the coop done and have them safely inside.

5. PerfectPlumage

Thanks! Yup. They have had pretty exiting days for the last couple days. I recently got another chicken, 6 weeks old. I fenced off a spot in the coop for him but he got a bit too cold, so he is chillin' in the laundry basket in my bathroom. Lol.

6. PerfectPlumage

Yeah it does! They mainly like roosting on the old, broken bench I put in their coop. [​IMG]And the silkie hen sleeps on the ground in the hay. :p

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Yep, that's what silkies do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by