Kids Playhouse Coop & Cattle Panel Run...Updated

The whitewash serves 2 purposes...too keep bugs at bay and it also makes any poo on the roosts dry up quicker (personal observation on that!
wink.png
)

I also used the whitewash along our concrete block wall, where there was a major ant freeway. Within 3 days, there isn't an ant to be found along the freeway anymore. It works and thats what counts!

Sorry I can't help out on the "scientific" aspects...not a strong point for me.
barnie.gif

Dawn

Thanks!!!
hugs.gif

My avatar is one of our Silver Sebright cockerals. We ended up with 2 boys and 1 pullet, we'll cull one of the boys eventually.

Dawn

OMG........DAWN, Somebody really loves you
love.gif
that is so wonderful that he did all that for you. That is a beautiful set up. He did a nice job and th chicken are very lucky to have all that space. I would really like to copy the run/wire cover so i can walk in ours.

Thanks Lurky!

He didn't have much choice, since he got me into all this!
gig.gif
I love being able to actually get in there and move.

Dawn

Battening down the Hatches...

After an unbelievable, record-breaking heat wave in August, we dropped down to the 40's for a low a few nights ago.

We had bought two Dollar General Store greenhouses a couple years ago. They worked great until the zippers busted in both of them. I use the frames for outdoor shelf space and decided that the heavy, clear plastic would work great as window coverings for the winter. (our indoor roosts are about level with the windows which would have equaled to drafts.

We ordered sticky-back velcro from Lee Valley Tools (on sale) so I could "hook" the windows up. Here's what I came up with...

Velcro strips around window...

Velcroed plastic in place...

Velcro strips above window...

so I can roll up plastic when not needed...

Did the ventilation area the same way...

Gotta love recycling!

Dawn

Back
Top Bottom