Kiki's B's Birthday Bash Backyard BBQ Bunny Banquet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowowowow. 😍😍😍 Not arrogant at all. You are a mystery wrapped in an enigma, Bones. I love it.
What is public archaeology?
My university is one of several that offers a terminal MA/MS specifically for archaeologists working outside of academia. It is called Public Archaeology because we non-university types mostly do archaeology that is funded by, and hopefully of benefit to, the general public. For example, Park Service, Bureau of Land Managent, Forest Service and many other federal, state, and local agencies employ archaeologists. There are also many archaeologists that work at private companies doing legally mandated, government funded research and excavation associated with all sorts of construction projects.

Anyway, working and doing reasearch outside of academia requires a somewhat different skill set than being a professor, and there are a LOT more non-academic archs than professors so that is why some universities now offer us a special program.

BUT being the glutton for punishment that I am, after finishing my MA I decided to apply to a PhD program. Silly silly me.

My university is one of several that offers a terminal MA/MS specifically for archaeologists working outside of academia. It is called Public Archaeology because we non-university types mostly do archaeology that is funded by, and hopefully of benefit to, the general public. For example, Park Service, Bureau of Land Managent, Forest Service and many other federal, state, and local agencies employ archaeologists. There are also many archaeologists that work at private companies doing legally mandated, government funded research and excavation associated with all sorts of construction projects.

Anyway, working and doing reasearch outside of academia requires a somewhat different skill set than being a professor, and there are a LOT more non-academic archs than professors so that is why some universities now offer us a special program.

BUT being the glutton for punishment that I am, after finishing my MA I decided to apply to a PhD program. Silly silly me.
That’s amazing though. :love

This is true. Insulin seeps gradually from the fat and into the bloodstream and takes effect over the course of several hours, reaching a peak halfway through the time of effect (i.e., a three-hour fast-acting insulin would reach its peak after about ninety minutes).
It's injected into the fat purposefully, as injecting it directly into the bloodstream would result in it taking effect too fast, thus causing a rapid drop in blood sugar.
For the same reason -- the insulin reaching the bloodstream too quickly and causing B.S. values to plunge -- one should wait for a while to take a hot shower or bath after injecting oneself with insulin, as the heat melts the fat, causing the insulin to travel much more quickly to the bloodstream.
Tangent over.
I take both a short acting insulin with meals and a long acting insulin in the morning (instead of the evening since I shower at night).

Bridge for pedestrians only (in Switzerland too). The right place to be for an assasin.
87D10AC1-C8D9-4ED9-9AAA-074EF43D5F4F.jpeg

BFC04EF4-F99B-49EC-AA29-546755A18B94.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom