Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

I may have missed this, but what do you do with so many chickens? Do you re-sell or do you have an egg business?
No egg business and I keep most but do sell a few. Columbian Wyandotte is a heritage breed with few registered breeders. To be able to select the very best for breeding to the Standard we must hatch large numbers of chicks. I "cull" at different stages and ages. Obvious flaws are put in a grow out pen for either butchering or as layer replacers for my flock or for neighbors. There are 20 to 30 select juveniles that will go to a grow out pen until one year of age to select for conformation, color and size.

radiation... No chemo thank goodness. Five days a week for six weeks... I am finishing up my second week on Thursday. Not really feeling effects yet.... I notice changes little ones. Tireder than usual... food tastes different and processes different... everyone says they dont kick in till the middle of the third week.
deb
Try unseasoned tomato juice. It should help mask the change in food flavor.

Question for you lovely people...i have 1 straggler duck egg still in incubator and wasn't due to Hatch until tomorrow well it has already internally pipped and is peeping is 1 day early normal? And how long you think I have till Hatch roughly? Ok that's 2 questions sorry:oops:
Should be fine since duck hatch begins with the internal pip. How is the duckling doing?

Kiki's horse eggs look good, now we just wait to see what day they hatch! Anybody else hatching at this time and when do you expect chicks to hatch? I am ready for the next adventure. Anybody else using a broody, or was I the only loony to try that?
Eggs under Cochin broodies and eggs in the incubator that should finish this morning. Once they go in lockdown, I don't open the hatcher until the day after they were due to allow for slow finishers.

Broodies are the best! I was way more stressed trying to monitor the bator than my Fuzz.
Yes, a broodie is a very determined, focused and patient hatcher.

New arrival from last night!
20180503_091928.jpg

It's still uneasy on its feet but I'm afraid it might have sprad leg

Back
Top Bottom