Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Pics
Quick question, would I be better off water candling my eggs, today is day 14 or 15? Or will this harm them in anyway. This candling thing has me going nuts, ( or nuttier than I usually am) All this talk of exploding eggs, etc. Wish the week would just go by and eggs would hatch. Made worse by Miss Badness sitting on eggs all night when I first put them under her and then being off the nest most of the next morning, before I let her brood where she wanted. :barnie :he
ETA: will this take the bloom off my eggs?

Last edited:
Quick question, would I be better off water candling my eggs, today is day 14 or 15? Or will this harm them in anyway. This candling thing has me going nuts, ( or nuttier than I usually am) All this talk of exploding eggs, etc. Wish the week would just go by and eggs would hatch. Made worse by Miss Badness sitting on eggs all night when I first put them under her and then being off the nest most of the next morning, before I let her brood where she wanted. :barnie :he

I think regular candling (with the most powerful light available) is still the best way to go at this stage. I think water candling only works if the baby is moving at the time. Regular candling will give you an idea of where they are at even if they are resting.

Also, :hugsThis really is stressful! Especially if you are having to extract eggs from under momma before you can even check them. I am barely on day 20 and spent all morning asking questions on threads about broodies, worrying non-stop about my eggs etc. Went to check momma before I left for work and discovered one had already hatched! :eek:

:celebrate Good thing momma hen is so calm and collected. I am a wreck lol! but it seems to be working out. More hugs for moral support :hugs

@KikisGirls I'm looking at this 13 acre beach property available in Tanzania. What do you think?
https://www.zoomtanzania.com/land-f...nio-908694?s=5e674847edf10564777a063357be11e2
I think before I even look at the pics you need to tell me what this amount is in English.
Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.37.07 PM.png

I personally am scared to death of putting live eggs in water.
I would NEVER do it.

I would NOT worry about her being off the eggs for that short period of time in the beginning.
I wouldn't worry one bit about that.

I think regular candling (with the most powerful light available) is still the best way to go at this stage. I think water candling only works if the baby is moving at the time. Regular candling will give you an idea of where they are at even if they are resting.

Also, :hugsThis really is stressful! Especially if you are having to extract eggs from under momma before you can even check them. I am barely on day 20 and spent all morning asking questions on threads about broodies, worrying non-stop about my eggs etc. Went to check momma before I left for work and discovered one had already hatched! :eek:

:celebrate Good thing momma hen is so calm and collected. I am a wreck lol! but it seems to be working out. More hugs for moral support :hugs
:celebrateONE BABY before work!
SWEET!
Hurry up and get back home to see if there are more!
Leave work early!
GO!
NOW!

Back
Top Bottom