Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Lymphedemia here as well ... Massage therepy is supposed to be excellent for it. but you have to have someone well versed in Lymphedimia.

I was at one point a Manufacturing Engineer... Design Engeneer and just plain ole Designer. Sheet metal was my forte. I spent alot of time as an Electromechanical packager.... Fancy name for putting all the components in a box like a computer case and have it work properly.

But I have worked in various cpacities, From Reverse engineering for Gene splicing tools... to Assembly jig for the C-17.... Oh and work platforms for assembly of the 777.
And Electron beam weld chambers for repairing Jet engine blades...

deb
I had the massage once. It worked really well for a few weeks. Still had a lot of fluid, but I could actually see my ankle bones for the first time in decades.

That sounds like pretty intricate work. How were celebrities involved?

Sure is, it was 3 hours from my last post until I checked in during lunch. Only 3 new pages :gig

Yeah, Nilla is the official trademarked name (Nabisco).
Except it's become like formica , that's trademarked too, but I bet most people don't know the product by any other name, much less it's generic name. or Kleenex is another good example. People will call things what they want anyway in the end.

@Michelle Farmer-Brown @perchie.girl

For years lymphedema treatment was to remove the limb! Or what they called "debulking." Basically remove the muscle. Neither is helpful, AT ALL. The best treatment is compression. For years my Mom slept in a boot like they use on you in the hospital. But as soon as you stand up all the fluid goes back where it was.
Finally we found a place that does massage and compression wrapping. Basically the massage stimulates the parts if the lymph system that is working. Then layers of wraps are used. When you start to use the limb the wraps act is a barrier to stop the fluid from being able to push outward. So the muscles push against the wraps and force the fluid to go up to the working system. You have to keep it wrapped or get a compression garment to hold the fluid back.
My Mom lost 25lbs of fluid during treatment. She could walk without dragging her leg. I'll never forget we were out running errands and we got in the car. She just sat there and didn't start it. I looked over and she was crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said she realized she didn't have to use her hands to lift her leg into the car. It was the first time in about 15 years she just got in the car.

I so hear you. I'm only 5'10", so short in comparison. I wear orthotics, so that pushes me closer to 6'. I stopped growing tall when I was 11 years old. Do you know how hard it is to drink from water fountains in elementary schools on a regular basis at that height? I started growing outwards when I was 13 :(
My biggest problem is my torso. I had a boyfriend that was 6'5". When we sat down I was taller than him.
I would love to wear gurlie stuff from time to time, but the only thing that fit even remotely properly is mens' clothing.
Being so short, my feet are small also, everyone thinks that is so great, 'cause the kid's shoes cost less. Which works okay if you are shopping for tennis shoes, just try finding high heeled dress shoes in the kid's department!! :he :barnie

I had the massage once. It worked really well for a few weeks. Still had a lot of fluid, but I could actually see my ankle bones for the first time in decades.

That sounds like pretty intricate work. How were celebrities involved?
We were a Design and Build company for Telecommunications... TV to be specific. We updated the Solid Gold soundstage to handle all the TV electronics.
We got a contract for NBC sports to build production Trailers for Sporting events... one enginnerering and one production trailer. We had cut the time from one year to six months.

They sent an engineering team from New york to supervise and observe and make suggestions. The two of them were a hoot. We dressed em up in cowboy outfits and took em country and western dancing....

One of them had won an emmy because he was part of a mountain climbing team that was going up mount everest. He designed a camera housing for protecting the camera.

He lived in Manhattan. He had a fight with his wife tied off a rope and repelled twenty stories down to the road.... where he was promptly arrested...

The build went famously.... I even got to be a camera grip.

deb

For years lymphedema treatment was to remove the limb! Or what they called "debulking." Basically remove the muscle. Neither is helpful, AT ALL. The best treatment is compression. For years my Mom slept in a boot like they use on you in the hospital. But as soon as you stand up all the fluid goes back where it was.
Finally we found a place that does massage and compression wrapping. Basically the massage stimulates the parts if the lymph system that is working. Then layers of wraps are used. When you start to use the limb the wraps act is a barrier to stop the fluid from being able to push outward. So the muscles push against the wraps and force the fluid to go up to the working system. You have to keep it wrapped or get a compression garment to hold the fluid back.
My Mom lost 25lbs of fluid during treatment. She could walk without dragging her leg. I'll never forget we were out running errands and we got in the car. She just sat there and didn't start it. I looked over and she was crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said she realized she didn't have to use her hands to lift her leg into the car. It was the first time in about 15 years she just got in the car.
When I went in for Endometrial Cancer the doc said they normally remove the lymph nodes surrounding the area but because my legs were already showing issues he said he would not.... So I am getting Radiation ....

Exercise is also a good defence.... I used to walk miles and miles working with horses. But now I am over 350 lbs and walking is a problem. Sigh. Soon as I am done with radiaiotn I will seek out massage.

deb

What a wonderful story, so good of you to share this information with others who may have the same problem. You get a pat on the back from me!! :highfive: :love :hugs

Back
Top Bottom