Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

@Ursuline Chick How many chicks do you have this morning?
Sorry, I am so late checking in, but this has been my morning (DH is off today and giving me a short break): This morning we got up to the good hen with 2 Blue Marans, and she was in full on teaching mode, leaving her clutch of 6 other eggs, 3 had pipped and were peeping, the other 3 we candled and saw nothing but blackness. Placed all 6 under Miss Badness for a total of 12 in her clutch now. At least 3 of her clutch have hatched I think and they appear to be FBCM. Am trying to take some pictures that I hope to be able to post tonight. Miss Badness will have to be moved to the broody cage DH made for her tonight for the safety of the chicks. The nest she wanted to brood in is too high and I am afraid the chicks could fall and hurt themselves. So we are taking turns watching until dark.
Who ever said Miss Badness would make a great mother was correct, she is trying to keep the chicks that have hatched from leaving the nest until the others hatch. Must be getting rather crowded under there poor thing.
My hen who left her clutch for the 2 that hatched has taught them to eat, drink and has taken them into their private run for scratching lessons.
We are worn out already. LOL :thWill have to catch up on the threads I have been following when I have a chance to read all day. :lau:lau
Again, thanks to all who have been so helpful and patient with my anxiety ridden self :oops:

for the cone heads in the family
tumblr_inline_p6w0dhwakM1s10mjl_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom