Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

More cuteness! I finally was able to get decent pics of my one survivor chick, now 2wo!
20180502_134023.jpg
20180502_133409.jpg

DW found baby outside the run, perched on a drain pipe, with broody mom just on the other side of the fence. She walked up to it, and it hopped up onto the wire of the fence and flew back into the run! LOL Oh boy, so much to worry about!

More cuteness! I finally was able to get decent pics of my one survivor chick, now 2wo!
View attachment 1372072 View attachment 1372071

DW found baby outside the run, perched on a drain pipe, with broody mom just on the other side of the fence. She walked up to it, and it hopped up onto the wire of the fence and flew back into the run! LOL Oh boy, so much to worry about!
Wittle Twubble Maker..... :love

No egg business and I keep most but do sell a few. Columbian Wyandotte is a heritage breed with few registered breeders. To be able to select the very best for breeding to the Standard we must hatch large numbers of chicks. I "cull" at different stages and ages. Obvious flaws are put in a grow out pen for either butchering or as layer replacers for my flock or for neighbors. There are 20 to 30 select juveniles that will go to a grow out pen until one year of age to select for conformation, color and size.

Try unseasoned tomato juice. It should help mask the change in food flavor.

Should be fine since duck hatch begins with the internal pip. How is the duckling doing?

Eggs under Cochin broodies and eggs in the incubator that should finish this morning. Once they go in lockdown, I don't open the hatcher until the day after they were due to allow for slow finishers.

Yes, a broodie is a very determined, focused and patient hatcher.
Remind me to NEVER fly into your back yard! I'm only a mutt

@Michelle Farmer-Brown too
http://lymphedematreatmentact.org/increase-awareness/

Women who got lymphedema after breast cancer were instrumental in changing how it is treated. They refused to accept that their arm would swell until they couldn’t use it.
Thanks for the info...
Been reading up.
Sadly, there's only 1 person in my province who does the combined massage and compression. Several hours south of me in Calgary. According to the site, her license expired 4 years ago...

Back
Top Bottom