Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Yes thank you, am very proud of hatching the little guy who was left behind yesterday! Mom took him in no problem, put him under her last night at dusk.
You should be proud! That was a long day and night you put in, and I'm so happy that all that effort paid off.

I'm so, so proud of Ms. Badness too, for taking in the late hatcher. She may need a new name after this! I had a broody who pitilessly drove out a late hatchling I snuck under her at night as soon as she got up in the morning and realized that it wasn't there when she went to bed. That poor little chick wanted so separately to be under the hen with the rest of them and Mom was having none of it. The hen would carefully look over the milling group of chicks and zero right in on the newbie and drive it out. Poor little thing had to go into the brooder with a couple of feed store chicks for company.

You should be proud! That was a long day and night you put in, and I'm so happy that all that effort paid off.

I'm so, so proud of Ms. Badness too, for taking in the late hatcher. She may need a new name after this! I had a broody who pitilessly drove out a late hatchling I snuck under her at night as soon as she got up in the morning and realized that it wasn't there when she went to bed. That poor little chick wanted so separately to be under the hen with the rest of them and Mom was having none of it. The hen would carefully look over the milling group of chicks and zero right in on the newbie and drive it out. Poor little thing had to go into the brooder with a couple of feed store chicks for company.
Yes, she does need a new name, may name her Angela after St. Angela as she really ended up acting more like a saint than a badness.

ETA: St. Angela started the Ursuline Order. serviam = I will serve

Last edited:
My DD has the same problem, size 12 shoes. The best place she has found is Payless Shoes. Once they know they will have a regular customer they will start ordering the size you need.
Yes, I know about Payless. Loved going there, but in recent years, I've felt the quality of shoe has declined DRASTICALLY, particularly for dress shoes. For general wear (sneakers, boots) I usually go with mens shoes. For dressier boots, I LOVE Merrell. I've taken an extreme dislike to dress shoes in the last few years, particularly heels.

New arrival from last night!View attachment 1372041
It's still uneasy on its feet but I'm afraid it might have sprad leg
Spraddle leg means legs extend out to the sides when walking rather than under the weight of the body. Easy fix in about two days. Use a six inch piece of yarn. Have someone hold the duckling while you tie a hobble. You want to make knots that will not cinch up on the legs causing a circulation problem.
Loosely tie a double knot on one leg above the foot. Two inches away tie another double knot. Then tie a square knot on the second leg. Trim back the ends on the yarn. The duckling will be able to walk, lie down and the legs will strengthen in a few days.
Simply cut the yarn to remove it.

Remind me to NEVER fly into your back yard! I'm only a mutt
:lau:lau
I have other chicken both large fowl...Cochin, Orpington, Maran, and cross breeds. Also have bantams breeds...OEGB, Rosecomb, d'Anvers, Delaware and some cross breeds.

Last edited:
That look sure says "I'm bad, stay away"
:weefor the 8 chicks!

To his deaf daughter on the telephone as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Don't follow fast moving threads. Like the ones by a member named @KikisGirls :D
:barnie

Yes, she does need a new name, may name her Angela after St. Angela as she really ended up acting more like a saint than a badness.

ETA: St. Angela started the Ursuline Order. serviam = I will serve
"I will serve" OK, I wan't a pizza, ham and pineapple please

Back
Top Bottom