Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

In WV, Wally World (what my dad calls Walmart) is usually one of the few grocery stores. They are usually well kept and have nice, efficient people working there. When we lived in MD (DC metro area), we avoided Walmart like the plague. They were dirty, staffed by lazy bums, in sketchy areas, and often had people who lived in their cars in the parking lots. The edges of the lots usually smelled like an overused porta-potty.

Agreed. I go to Walmart when I'm out of state, but the one by my house is horrid! DH loves it there (I think he enjoys the challenge.) I've got to be near death, desperate to go in there.

The candling pictures
Egg 1, cracked egg:
20180506_172435_HDR.jpg
20180506_172506_HDR.jpg
20180506_172543_HDR.jpg

Egg 2:
20180506_172619_HDR.jpg
20180506_172826_HDR.jpg

Trash egg 1 (or try it :oops:) it may develop.
I'd put egg 2 in a bator to see if it develops.
Okay. I think I'll stick them both in a bator for now, see what happens. I don't have any real hope for egg 1, but if there's a chance....
Next challenge: Finding materials for a ghetto bator because I don't have an actual bator. My friend does but his is broken so .-.

Ideas, anyone? Making TSC run Tuesday, could also stop at Walmart or something. Also have time to order something with express shipping.
I need to figure something out that won't cost me much because I don't have great odds that this is going anywhere.

IMG_20180506_202250.jpg
IMG_20180506_201934.jpg
If you need a cheap temporary incubator, a small hot plate with a thermostat built in works great for a heating element. You can even find them at thrift stores. A small fan to blow air on it helps too! Here is a picture of mine. I put it in my incubator one day when my heating element went out. It saved my eggs! It does take some fiddling to get the temp right since 99 is not labeled.

Hoping that the cracked egg is ok, but agree that the lack of veins is concerning. I’m one that tends to give eggs every possible chance to prove me wrong, so I’d probably leave it in the incubator or at least float test it before pitching it. I’m always hoping against hope when it comes to eggs.

Fingers crossed on the bloody egg. We need to see a horse egg hatch!

Back
Top Bottom