Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

20180509_170700.png

Just to be clear this is not me just pulled from the net

Last edited:
Ugh. Dangerous thunderstorm right now with damaging winds. Have to go move my bantams inside.
Omg... We just had a giant storm blow in maybe 3 minutes after I put my 6 week banties in the run. It started pouring in there was no way to get them inside quickly enough to not have a last one end up soaked so I just threw them all in the coop, cut up some weather stripping and boarded them in. They've never been out of any kind of weather before so, I guess now I know that they can survive! They were freaking out a little at first... screaming at me like I was abandoning them.:confused:

I was very worried about all these horror stories of having the humidity too high during the first 18 days.
I did not want to go through that drowning at the end mess.
So I didn't add water.

Just catching up.. I take a three hour break to work on my project and all of a sudden I'm pages behind.
Kiki, going back to your post some time ago, you asked about the yolk absorbing... Yes, the chick will always absorb the yolk given enough time. When you say "why didn't mine absorb it all?" My response is... Its a 21 day process, and I'm pretty sure your day 21 is the eleventh. Now that's a relative number, as some chicks will come out from day 19 to day 23 I've heard. But the point is, your issue was not slow absorbption, but a premature internal pip. You should not have had an internal pip until close to now. And an external pip tomorrow, and hatching as early as tomorrow night. (Bird dependent of course). So the real question is, why did the bird switch from it's fluid to breathing so fast? Could it be that your humidity was too low? And it ran out of fluid before it finished absorbing yolk?
I got a million questions but no answers. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom